He chuckled. "Hah! No."

I made a face and pouted.

We went back to the office and ran to Livvy at her desk.

"Hey, Livvy."

Livvy looked up and a smile formed on her face the moment she saw me. "Hi!" She stood up and kissed me on the cheek. "How are you?"

"Good Good. Just checking up on Matt." I raised my to-go food for him. "Did you have lunch yet?

"Just about." She paused. "But yes, Matt's in there."

"Thanks Livvy." I followed Steve into Matt's office.

Steve knocked on Matt's door first and came in.

"Hey Matt." Steve greeted.

I peaked my head into the office.

"Hey." Matt replied not looking up from the documents he was looking over.

"I brought you lunch." I said.

Matt looked up and his face broke into a wide smile. "Hey." He stood up from his seat and went over to my side. "You didn't tell me you were coming over." He kissed me on the cheek then turned to Steve. "What's up?"

I circled my arm around Matt and looked at Steve. "Well, Steve here has something to tell you." I smiled at Steve.

"Wha-" He sighed.

"Doesn't look like it." Matt observed. "What's going on?" He looked back and forth at us.

"Gracie, here, says she wants to go to Hawaii for summer holiday."

"Yeah for sure. I don't see why not." He looked at me. "You and Steve are going together?"

"Well no. She wants to go with you." Steve added. "Next week."

"Oh!" Matt's furrows his eyebrows. "But there's still loads of stuff I have to..."

"Steve said it will be fine." I interrupted. "He can manage it for a week or two." I smiled widely at him.

He stared at me for a while, then back to Steve, then back to me. "Well I guess, yeah, sure."

"Yay!" I tiptoed and kissed him on the lips. "I'm so excited."

"Well!" Steve cleared his throat. "My job here is done. Matt, just leave me notes on where you left off before you leave and I'll pick it up from there. See you guys later."

"See you, Steve! Thanks a lot!" I called out as he walked out of the door.

"Was that it?" Matt asked.

"Was that, what?" I asked, confused.

"You and Steve came all the way here just to ask me if I wanted to go to Hawaii with you?"

"Well... yeah. I figured you'd say no to me, but if Steve told you it'd be okay to leave, that might convince you."

He started to smile and chuckled as he shook his head like he couldn't believe what he just heard.

"What?" I asked again.

"Gracie, you just need to ask. I hope you know that I am much closer to you than Steve. And if you wanted to go with me anywhere, I'll do it."

I blushed. "But you'd put work over anything else."

"Not before you." He paused as he looked me in the eyes. "I am your husband first, before I am Vice President." He reached up to my hand and entwined my fingers with his.