History and...MAGIC??!

=///Downtown Manehattan\\\=

It was 9 AM, Alex can not be more pleased. Not only was the first contact between the Americans and the aliens who called themselves 'Equestrians' went pretty well, but they also allowed them to stay and tour around the city they called 'Manehattan'.

The fact that they let a naval fleet from an entirely new nation to stay in their ports and accept an invitation to come to a meeting at the United Nations Headquarters really surprised him even more.

Everything ended way better than they had originally planned, he and other sailors and personnel in the fleet thought that they would have to spend several months trying to decipher their language and another 2 months initiating diplomacy, and now the 'Equestrians' allowed the opening of diplomatic relations in just one day, making him curious as to what their leader is thinking.

Unfortunately, there are several things that are still bugging his mind, mainly on how they ended up teleporting to Earth. It was scientifically impossible to teleport an entire nation to Earth, it just doesn't make sense! At first, he thought that it was the result of very advanced technology beyond human comprehension and imagination, or maybe some kind of divine intervention from a higher being?, He didn't know, sailors in the fleets didn't know, and he sure believed Neil deGrasse Tyson didn't know.

He for one believed that scientists around the world would spend centuries solving this anomaly, but for now, the thing he had to do today was return to the fleet and report the results of his encounter with the Equestrians to the American government and the president.

Meanwhile, the other personnel, sailors, and scientist alike will tour around the city accompanied by a member of the Equestrian Royal family (or so he thought), he wonders how, or possibly even why this city can look so similar to New York City, and why is their government still based on absolute monarchy? Isn't that system of government already out-of-date?

He began to fantasize about America starting to spread democracy to alien lands like they did in the Middle East. About how hundreds of M1A2 Abrams and thousands of Humvees and IFVs would roll down the streets and harvest all of those sweet hydrocarbons from the undergound. Oh, such a thought made him giddy with excitement, though not as much as your average patriot.

While he was still fantasizing about America spreading democracy, a member of the Royal family named Twilight Sparkle started to speak to him

"Hello hou-maen, may I ask you a question?" Twilight asked.

"Uhm, actually, it's pronounced 'hyoo-man', but yes, you could ask me a question. It's not like you're going to get in trouble for it." Alex responded back.

"Alright then, first question, can you explain how your government works and what system governing did they adopt?, Also, how about the origin of your country?" Twilight him the question.

Alex Collins began to think of a way to explain to her about the United States and her governing system in a simple, yet informative way. Thankfully, he did indeed have a way to answer her properly.

"Well, first of all, the United States of America, or commonly known as the United States (U.S. or US) or America, is a country in North America. Our government is a federal republic and it consists of 50 states..." He paused for a moment as Twilight began to ask another question.

"Woah, that's a lot of states! Can you name all of them?" Twilight Sparkle asked curiously.

Alex began to draw a blank, he didn't remember all 50 states of the US. The only ones he knows are the ones that are well known, like Ohio for example.

"Uh, lets skip that for now. we can continue your previous question." He responded.

Twilight looked a bit sad about that but quickly nodded back.