Cant Take My Eyes Off Of You.

3 weeks later.
Can't Take My Eyes Off Of You by Lauryn Hill.

     I was dozing off in my second class. I love writing but English teachers are so damn boring. Just as my head was about to fall my phone vibrated. Unlocking it , it was a message from Tish.

    Meet me on the roof now. Take stair case B.

    Locking my phone, I placed it and all of my belongings In my bag to leave the classroom. After I got up I made my way to the roof using the directions she gave me. I don't know what she's up to but a part of me was excited. We've been getting pretty close lately and that scares the hell out of me.

    When I made it to the roof I seen her sitting on the edge with her notebook. She was rolling a blunt as I sat down my bag and walked over to her. She finally noticed me and turned around smiling. "You look good , dork." Letitia complemented my white mini skirt and oversized black and yellow sweatshirt. I checked her out and noticed she looked more dressed up than normal. She had on this plaid polo and cargo pants. "You look great as well asshole." I sat next to her and began to admire the view. After she finished rolling the joint, she took her lighter and smoked. She got some puffs in before handing it to me. I haven't smoked weed in months and honestly there was no perfect time or place better than this to do it. I inhaled and began to relax after exhaling.

    Whenever We finished smoking it She grabbed my bag and looked in the patch that held my snacks. How the hell did she know I even had them there?

       "I know you were in class but I needed to see you." She confined as I tilted my head and lifted an eyebrow. "For?" I questioned her.

   "Inspiration..." She whispered. "Just sit there and look pretty." I began to swing my feet while blushing. The California breeze blew my curls every which way while Tish ate snacks and wrote in her notebook. She kept glancing at me then continued writing. I imagined her brain being serene at the moment. Only focusing on synonyms and using her words to paint a picture.

        She put down the notebook and scooted closer to me. "I've been thinking about you." Her voice was gentle and sweet. I don't know if it was the pot or my hormones but she looked and sounded so great. Her arm snaked around my waist as we sat there.

"I'm surprised you even have time to think about me. Shit we sleep in the same room." I joked as she giggled shaking her head.

"I've also been thinking about a lot of other stuff. My mind feels heavy." She confessed. My eyes went to her face while she looked up at the sun. "Tell me what's on your mind.." I requested.

"Well, my relationship with my parents aren't the best. My mom has always supported my dreams but my dad? He wants the daughter that becomes a lawyer or a doctor. Get married and have kids but I'm a lesbian poet that wants to act." We chuckled at her last sentence then she looked at me. "But Blair, I'm scared to fail."

Everyone you meet is afraid of something,loves something, and has lost something. You never know what someone has been through and the fact that she confided in me is huge. "Do you know what I see when I look at you?" I started. "I see inspiration and beautiful woman that is finding herself. A woman who is smart enough to figure out any situation . Failing is apart of life but even if you do fall you get the hell up and try again." I ended my rant as she leaned back on her elbows smirking at me.

    She motioned 'come here' with two fingers as I obeyed. She placed her hand on my cheek while my eyes danced around her face. So beautiful. So unique. "Thank you mama." She sincerely said as I placed my lips on hers. This is The first time we kissed in weeks and I cherished every moment of it.

The following day.

     "No mom, I haven't been smoking pot." I groaned as my mom ranted In my ear. I was about to open my room door until I heard loud arguing . It was Tish but who the hell was she arguing with. "Hold on mom, I'll call you back. Love you." I hung up and ear hustled for a couple of moments.

   "I DON'T CARE EVA , WE JUST DON'T WORK AND THATS OKAY!" Letitia screamed as I lifted my eyebrows. Eva chuckled as I heard something hit the wall. I unlocked the door and walked in to see Eva picking up another object to throw across the room. She stopped and looked at me before laughing. I was so confused on what the hell was funny so I crossed my arms. "For this? Letitia are you serious?" Eva said in a bitter tone that almost made me feel bad.

      "Eva I-.." Tish cut herself off. I looked at her then widened my eyes. Was I the reason behind their breakup?

         "I can see it in your face! if you have your eyes on someone else you should've just said that!" Eva yelled through gritted teeth.

    "I FUCK-" Eva side eyed her as Letitia breathed through her nose. "I did. You're suffocating me Eva we aren't 16 anymore, you have to let me go!" Letitia's voice cracked as Eva closed her eyes. She nodded her head and as she was about to walk out the room she turned to me. "She's gonna hurt you. And whenever she's through with you? She'll be back to me." She walked out of the room slamming the door shut.

          I went to my bed to sit down as Letitia paced back and forth. The vibe in the room was so off that it even made me feel uncomfortable. There were no words to say, no conversation to start. Just pure silence. I began to say something as she held up a hand.

    "We've been roommates for a month and a half.. me and Eva have been together since we were 16." She started as she sat on her bed and leaned forward with her legs cocked. "And I have never felt like this about anyone in my life. I don't want to look at anyone else, I can't fucking think straight because it's you..."

          A part of me felt bad because I know that someone's feelings were hurt but the selfish part of me blushed like a kid in a candy store. When you're with someone for that long all you know is them so my empathy is there. "Look Tish, don't tell me this if this isn't going to lead anywhere. And Eva didn't deserve this. She can be..bitchey but if I was the reason-" She cut me off.

   "The relationships been over. Look, I just need to know if your feelin me the same way I'm feelin you." Her brown eyes came to my face while I twiddled my thumbs. Without a doubt I'm in like. I really fucking hope that this ends well..

         I nodded my head as a smile danced on our faces.