Only You (And You Alone).

3 days later.
Only You (And You Alone) by The Platters.

"It's so easy Blair, you subtract this number then carry it. IF JONNY HAS 5 APPLES." Tish attempted to teach me math causing me to receive the worse headache of my life. She treated me like a black mother attempting to help her kid with homework and this was not going well. "You know what, I give up!" I sat my pencil on the carpet and put my hands up in surrender. She groaned lowly before putting on her glasses, picking up the pencil and scooting closer to me on our dorm room floor. "Here, let me show you baby." Her voice had went back to patience while I watched her do the problem with ease. She solved it again as it finally began to click.

I took my other pencil and copied her steps on a spare piece until we finished at the same time. She looked at my paper and smiled. "See dork? You got it." I yes'd in victory while she dropped the pencil and leaned back. Taking all of my school work, I put it back in my bag then threw it on my bed while she scrolled on her phone. "There's a poetry slam in the cafe tonight." She started as she sat her phone down. A smile danced on my face while I got up to go to where my vinyls were. I love anytime she's in her zone and doing what she loves.

"And my asshole is on the lineup, isn't she?" I asked picking up The Platters 'Golden Hits' before turning around on my tippy toes. She nodded while blushing lowly as I put the record on while grabbing her hand to help her up. Only You began to come from the record player while she turned me around. We swayed side to side and continued our conversation.

Play Song.

"I love how you support me. I've never had that before." Her head laid on my shoulder while her hands laid on my waist. "I support you because you deserve it. A gift like yours isn't meant to be slept on and taken lightly." I reminded her as I lifted her hand up to my lips to lay a kiss on her palm. What I said is absolutely true. Her potential and just her as a person is promising. She's bound to shine with whatever she decides to do.

She turned me around and placed her forehead on mine. The way she makes me feel is like Stella got her groove back. With her being herself , I could not fall for her but intentionally dip for her. If I fall there's a possibility I could get hurt but dipping for her would be so guided with a firm foundation that's unbreakable. "I haven't written in a while..but all it took was one week with you and my head is full of poetry." The sultry in her voice and eyes were somewhat clear as my eyes closed. My heart was beating in a way that it's never beaten before. The tension between us made me want to plead and beg.

She took my hands and kissed my fingertips before intertwining them. Finally, as if she read my mind, her lips landed on mine. They were so soft and sweet that it made my soul melt in her hands. My free hand went to the back of her head to gain some sort of self control because currently all of it had left. I'm addicted. When she pulled away my bottom lip was between her teeth and I was unable to even open my eyes after. It wasn't enough for me to be satisfied.

I pulled her back in as our bodies moved to my bed to fall on it. Her arms were wrapped around my shoulders as our little kissing session continued. We've done this before but it's never gotten this far and that made me crave everything she was. I was straddling her while my hand made it to her chin and cupped it. My shirt was being lifted off of my head and thrown on the floor as she turned us over to be on top. I was already in just panties to I felt completely exposed to her. She took my arms and placed them above my head to pin them there.

Like a light switch, we both came back to reality as she sat up. Her eyes never left my chest while we both breathed a little heavy. This room was so hot even though her fan blew cold air. "I want our first time together to be special." She whispered as I nodded in agreement.

"We-.. We have to get ready, huh?" she nodded her head giggling.

Once I finished getting ready, I looked at my short black wrap shirt and baggy jeans. When I was satisfied I turned around at Tish who had on a black long sleeve and these black skinny pants. She was putting on her shades and adjusting her chain as I stared at her. Shit, honestly I was drooling.

     "You need a towel?" She asked with a smirk showing her bottoms and looking at my jeans as I smacked my lips. "Bring your ass." I replied while She laughed .

        We made it to the cafe hand in hand as the atmosphere felt different. There were lamps on the table that lit up the room slightly, Erykah Badu played in the background and our classmates were sitting and talking softly. "This will never get old to me." I softly said while she pulled a chair out for me to sit. Once I was settled, she leaned down behind me and came to my ear.

      "I'll be back after I'm done alright precious?" Chills went down my spine as I nodded my head. She softly laid a kiss on my earlobe then went to wherever she needed to go. When she left I felt my breath come back to my lungs because for a second, I wanted her to lay me out on the table. I was taking in the scenery until I felt a tap on my shoulder. When I turned around, I seen Tami standing there as a smile danced on my face.

         "Long time no see." She smiled and sat in the chair next to me.

    "How've you been?" I asked crossing my legs as she waved her hand side to side. "Ahh same old, same old." We sat there awkwardly for a moment as I twiddled my thumbs. Ever since that day I told her we should be friends, we stopped talking. I mean I would love to have her as a friend but I guess she wouldn't accept it. "I just came over to tell you that you look beautiful as hell." She stood up as I blushed lowly then nodded.

       "Thank you, Tami." I said as she touched my shoulder then walked away. Fuck, the weirdness in the vibe was so loud that it made my ears ring. After a couple of moments, a familiar voice spoke into the microphone.

"Good evening, everyone." Letitia spoke softly as I turned towards the front. Per usual, everyone wooed as she smiled a pure smile. How lucky am I is what my selfish mind wondered.

"I've been writing this poem for a couple of days now. So much inspiration when you feel something for someone, innit?" She looked at me while someone in the crowd agreed. She pointed at them then laughed softly.

"This poem is something you dedicate to some one special. I'd like to call this one The Kind." She began as her eyes never left mine.

" be a butterfly and fly towards the one you know will love you and hold you close.
The warmth in their arms are what guides you into them.
Now you know what comfort and security feels like.
Love is a breath of fresh air.
It's taken in and used in many ways.
But, how many ways are there to love?
I don't know what love is. I've never felt love before.
Can someone help me search for love?—
the kind that feels you unravel in my arms while your soul sinks in my hands
the kind that reminds you of how beautiful you are under the day and the night and between what is left.
the kind that does not wake the next day, alone.
the kind that kisses stretch marks and imperfections that makes your sun rise.
For I have searched, for I have found.

     "Thank you, my loves." She placed a hand on her chest and got off of the stage as people snapped and some even clapped for her. I smiled and cheered her on while she walked over to our little table. She gave me a small kiss on the cheek and sat down next to me. "That was beautifully done Letitia." I whispered to her while she leaned back in her chair.

"Beautifully done because you were beautifully made, sweetheart." She smiled.

poem by poeith . <3