Chapter 10. Building Up

"Chaand taare tod laun, Saari duniyan par me chhaoon....
Buss itna sa khwaab hai... Buss itna sa khwaab hai~
La la la la la laaaa~"

(I want to get the moon and stars, I want to rule the world...
This is my only small dream... This is my only small dream~)

I bounced while humming the melodious song as I walked towards my classroom. Yesterday's events kept flashing in front of my eyes, and my happiness was spilling over.

I landed my butt beside Arushi, who snapped her head at me and raised an eyebrow in question.

"Did the grief alter your brain functions?" Arushi asked.

I ignored her and kept singing. I took out her journal from her bag and gladly started writing down the assignment that was due last week.

"Akshay, should we call the mental hospital?" Arushi asked.

I sensed Akshay staring at me curiously. "Yeah, she has been like that since morning."

Arushi grabbed my chin and moved my face towards her. "Bhoomi, are you here? Why are you acting like this? I am worried."

"You want me to be sad then?" I asked.

I made an ugly crying face but soon went back to singing an energetic song. Arushi flicked me on the forehead.

"Stupid. I am not saying that you should be heartbroken, but seeing you so cheerful after you cried like hell yesterday is giving me goosebumps. You are the real Bhoomi, right?"

I pulled a teasing face at her. Akshay yanked me by me shoulder and stared deep into my eyes.

"Tell me what's going on inside that empty brain of yours. You are creeping me out with this bubbly behaviour," Akshay scolded.

Their words had no effect on me. Neither could I tell them the reason behind my smile nor could I hide my excitement. I let them think of me losing my sanity.

My upcoming days were filled with joy and laughter as I kept dreaming of dancing with my crush- Ahem, I mean dancing with my role model.

The imaginary scene went something like this.

I am tying my shoelaces and lost in my thoughts about the upcoming dance performance. Some loose strands cover my face and I don't notice the person coming towards me with slow steps.

Suddenly I feel a light touch of fingers tucking my hair behind my ear and I snap my head up to look at the person. My gaze zoom on the brown orbs that I admire a lot.

"Tejas?" I ask in a low voice.

Tejas, my crush, my idol, smiles at me and gives me his hand to hold. "Come on, we will be late for our duo."

I get shy but slip my hand into his, the warmth of his skin seeping into mine. We walk towards the stage, hand in hand, the audience cheering for us when we bow in front of them.

"Let's start, my partner," TJ says as he comes closer to me and wraps his left arm around my waist.

I nod and follow along. The song 'Aankhon mein teri ajab si ajab si adaayein hain' starts playing.

TJ swirls me around, and I giggle happily as he lifts me up. I stare into his eyes and feel my heart beating loudly. I whisper to him.

"Tejas, my dream came true. Now, only one thing is left that I want to confess. I lov-"

Crash!

"Ouch! Who disturbed our performance?" I yelled after falling down.

I opened my eyes and looked here and there frantically when I saw that TJ was gone.