chapter one hundred and eight

Start from the beginning

Haechan
Sure

Haechans thumbs hover over the keyboard, itching to send another message, but he doesn't wanna put his guard down. It's bad enough that he's happy his brother messaged him.

"Hi."

"Are you mad at me?"

"I'm not particularly happy with you."

"Is that why you stopped talking to me?"

"What do you think?"

Kade sighs. "Will you please explain what I did?"

Haechan rolls his eyes. "I'm gay. Because I am. Has nothing to do with me listening to the devil. I don't deserve to go to hell because of who I love."

Kade nods. "I know."

"I'm dating three people."

"I realized this later than I should've but your relationship is your business. Dad told me you're happy and I want you happy. If that means you're dating three people, then so be it."

"You said I stopped talking to you but you've always been distant. You let yourself be Moms puppet, even if that meant hurting me."

"Do you honestly care that much? You've always favored Alyssa."

"She's our little sister! I couldn't do anything to change the way Mom treated me, but I could try to make sure Alyssa didn't experience it. Mom has always preferred you two. When it was just us, you were treated better and I was called a brat and dramatic for wanting what you had and mean for wanting you to be treated like me. If Mom hurt you, it's not for the same reasons but I didn't want her to do anything to Alyssa in case she tried. I wanted at least one of my siblings to love me and I couldn't get that with you."

Realization dawns on the older male. "Do you think I don't love you?"

"Do you?"

"Yes!" Kade exclaims. "Of course! I love you and Alyssa. Wait, does she not know that?"

Haechan shrugs. "She might."

Kade curses. "I am so sorry. To both of you, but especially you. I'm sorry I was distant and made you think you wouldn't have my support. I know I don't understand everything but I'll listen if you explain it to me. I'm sorry I made you think you couldn't come to me. I knew you had walls up but I decided to believe you were fine. You know how Mom is about therapy."

"Did she ever tell you? What I told her? How I felt? Everything she ignored?"

"I didn't know. I thought you were emotional and I didn't pay enough attention. I'm sorry."

"I know", Haechan responds after a moment. "Everyone thought I was ridiculous for getting nervous with normal things and not being ready for things other people my age experienced. I know you think I'm moody and snarky and I admit I am sometimes but there were times where I just...I just couldn't."

"I'm sorry."

The male almost gets knocked over by the force of his little brother hugging him, something he hadn't experienced in a long time. Something he didn't know he missed.