Chapter 1

Dust looked over the plans again. He knew exactly how this fight was going to play out. It had happened one hundred times before, but Dust wanted to be 100% certain that he wasn't going to get hit. He didn't like fighting the Star Sanses, it was boring and repetitive. The first time he fought the Star Sanses he was nervous, but he wasn't scared of them anymore. They aren't very strong. Over the years Dust has become extremely feared throughout the multiverse. Once and a while a stupid "hero" will come to Dreamtale and try to kill him. Everyone thinks their going to be the one to kill Dust, but they're all wrong. Dust didn't understand why he was so feared. Yeah, he is Nightmare's successor, but he's not very scary. "AH! HURRY UP DUST!" He heard Killer complain from outside his room. "One more minute!" Dust called back. Killer grumbled something that Dust couldn't hear. Horror and Killer always found Dust's ways strange. They liked to rush into things without thinking, while Dust liked to take things slow and plan ahead. Dust read through his plan again and grabbed his axe. Before he left his room, he paused. His eye darted towards his dresser. Something was telling him to take his locket with him. Dust rolled his eye and put his locket in his pocket. "FINALLY!" Killer growled once Dust left his room. "You need to learn to be more patient." Dust said. "Oh yeah. Because Nightmare's favourite knows everything." Killer said sarcastically. "I do." Dust smirked. He could feel Killer's eyes burn into his back. He was used to Killer's hatred. Killer had been awful to Dust since the first day he arrived. According to Horror, Killer had been Nightmare's favorite until Dust showed up. "Ready Horror?" Dust asked. "Yep." Horror said. Before they could leave, Dust was pushed to the ground. "Ah! Terror!" Dust laughed. Terror sat on him, he always hated when Dust left the castle. Dust pushed Terror off him. "I'll be fine, okay. We can go raid some old houses when I get back. Okay?" Dust asked. Terror wagged his tail and gave Dust a happy growl before running off. Dust got up and turned to Horror. "Portal." He said. Horror nodded and created a portal. As soon as Dust stepped through the portal, he saw the Star Sanses waiting for them. Dust stood proud infront of his Bad Sanses, they waited for his command. Dust grabbed for his axe and looked Dream in the eyes. Dust swung his axe into the ground and his Sanses went into attack. Dust ran into battle, his attacks aimed directly at Dream. Dream and Dust fought, blade hitting blade. He knew Dream could never hit him. He knew that Horror was fighting Ink and Killer was fighting Blue. That's how it's always been. Dream leaped and turned to attack Dust's blind side. Dust had expected this and he leaped backwards, out of Dream's reach. Dust noticed that Killer wasn't attacking. He cast a glance at Horror and he shrugged. Okay. This wasn't part of the plan, but it's fine. It's not that bad. Dust leaped to attack Dream again. Dream was fast, but Dust was just as fast. Neither of them could land a hit on the other, that's how it always is. Suddenly he felt a sharp pain digging into his back. Dust yelped and leaped away, Dream did the same. He saw Killer looking at him with a bloody knife. Dust touched his back and felt wet blood. He looked at his hand and his blood ran cold. He looked up at Killer. "I caught you off guard didn't I? This wasn't part of your little plan, was it?" Killer laughed. "Nightmare will kill you." Dust warned. "Nightmare doesn't have to know. We'll just say a Star Sans killed you." Killer smirked. Dust looked over at Horror, he had wide terrified eyes. "Don't look at Horror for help. He won't be able to do anything." Killer said. Dust tightened his grip on his axe. "Go on Dust. Scream. I know you want to." Killer said with a venomous voice. Dust steadied his breathing, he needed to be ready. Killer came rushing at him, faster than Dust had ever seen anyone run. Dust dropped his axe and grabbed Killer's arm once he got close enough. Killer looked at him, shocked. "I'M NOT GONNA LET YOU KILL ME!" Dust screamed before grabbing the knife out of Killer's hand and pinning him to the ground. Dust couldn't stop himself. He kept stabbing Killer, even after he went limp, even after he was already dead and dusting. Once Killer was gone Dust stopped. He dropped the knife and tears burned his eye. Killer's blood was all over him. Dust covered his head with him arms and screamed. He screamed until he ran out of breathe. What the fuck just happened. I killed him. He tried to kill me. He betrayed me. Dust looked up at Horror. "DID YOU KNOW!? DID YOU KNOW THIS WAS GOING TO HAPPEN!?" Dust yelled. "I had no idea! I swear!" Horror said. Dust stood up on shaky legs. His mind was replaying it all over and over again. He felt someone touch his back and he flinched. "It's just me." Horror said. Dust sighed. "The wound it deep." Horror said quietly. "I was supposed to trust him. He was supposed to be my ally. We were supposed to be a team." Dust whispered. "I think I know why he did this." Horror said. Dust turned to him. "I think he was jealous." Horror said. "Jealous? Jealous of a magicless monster?" Dust asked bitterly. "Not that. I think he was jealous because he was Nightmare's favourite before you came. He wanted to get you out of the picture so he could be Nightmare's favorite again." Horror said. Dust grunted and reached down to grab his axe. "Let's get back to the castle." Horror said. "No." Dust said. "What?" Horror sounded shocked. "I'm not going back to the castle." Dust said. "But you have to! You're hurt! Terror and Nightmare will be worried!" Horror pleaded. "I can't. I was betrayed by someone who I was supposed to trust. I will never trust anyone ever again." Dust said and started walking away. "Not even me?" Horror asked. Dust turned to him and shook his head. Dust made a portal. He didn't need magic to make this portal. You can get there from anywhere. He stepped into the portal and looked around. He was in the Omega Timeline.