Chapter 53

It was lunch time now, and just like Pixie Bob said the day before, they had to make their own food. The class ate and laughed together. Many jokes were being thrown around about today's training.

"Kota, it's time for dinner!" Mandalay called, "Kota!"

Izuku noticed Kota walking into the forest.

"Kota..."

~{On The Clifftop}~

Kota sat alone on a rocky stump in front of his cave, which he considered his secret hideout, and glared at the faint light that was where everyone was eating. The sounds of crickets echoed around him, the gentle breeze grazed him, and the small number of insects that were around him ignored his presence as they rushed between the cracks in the ground.

Kota looked down into his lap, completely ignoring the sound of his stomach grumbling.

"Heroes... Villains... All they do is fight using their stupid quirks. They're that desperate to show off to the world... It's sick." He thought as his stomach grumbled once more.

He then heard some footsteps and a voice, "You're hungry, aren't you?"

Kota snapped his head to the right and clenched his teeth as he saw Izuku walking towards him with a plate of curry in his hands.

"I can hear your stomach. You can eat this curry if you'd like." Izuku offered, giving him a sad smile.

Kota shot to his feet, "You...! How did you find this place!?"

"Ah, sorry... I followed your footsteps..." Izuku confessed, stopping a few feet away from the boy and looking down at him. "I just thought you might want to eat something..."

"Tsk! I'm fine. I don't need any food." Kota scowled. "I told you, didn't I? I don't intend to hang out with you, so get out of my secret hideout!"

"Secret hideout?" Izuku repeated as he glanced at the cave.

Kota then looked down at the ground, his cap shadowing his angry eyes. "Getting into trying to improve your quirk. It's gross..."

Izuku tilted his head in confusion, "Gross?"

"You want to show off your power that badly?" he gritted between his teeth.

'That's what he thinks They're doing?" Izuku thought, furrowing his brow in anger for a moment. Yet he decided not to confront him on that and sighed, then moving on to what else he came for.

"Your parents... Could they be the water heroes, Water Hose? The ones who had the water quirks?"

Kota's eyes grew with shock, but right after, he immediately felt his anger boiling up once more.

He turned to him in fury, "Did Mandalay tell you!?" he demanded to know.

"Ah, no! Well..." Feeling guilty, Izuku then bowed. "sorry I did end up overhearing a part of it... I just connected the dots with what I knew." he looked up again and turned his head, admiring the landscape with a sad look, "It was an unfortunate incident I remember. I can't even imagine what you've been through after you heard about it..."

Kota's fists shook as he turned his back to Izuku, "Shut up..."

"Hm?" Izuku turned back to him.

"Everyone's crazy... Calling each other stupid names like 'hero' and 'villain'... Killing each other with their quirks. Talking, training, using their quirks to show off how strong they are... That's how you get killed... It's so stupid."