Shortly after her coronation, Elissa stood across from Rilian in front of an altar.

Aslan stood at the head of the altar with a smile. Narnians sat at the other end.

The Great Lion looked between the two. "Elissa, do you promise to love and cherish this man in sickness and in health, for all the days of your life til death do you part?"

Elissa nodded and smiled. "I do."

He turned to her betrothed. "Rilian, do you promise to love and cherish this woman in sickness and in health, for all the days of your life til death do you part?"

Rilian's gaze never shifted from Elissa's. "I do."

"Your vows, if you please. Elissa, if you will."

Elissa blinked away the threat of tears. "Rilian, I always thought we'd be friends who chased each other through the halls and climbed trees. Until the day I thought of you as more. I would have wed you sooner, but there was the whole matter of capture and control. But now that we're here, free, I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you."

"Rilian, your vows, please."

Rilian smiled. "I knew I wanted to marry you as soon as you beat me in that horse race when we were children. You've always been there for me, especially when I lost my mother and when we were put under the control of the Chairs. I vow to always be there for you no matter what life brings."

"You may kiss your bride."

Rilian pulled Elissa close and pressed a tender kiss to her lips.

The Narnias cheered and said, "Long live Queen Elissa! Love live King Rilian!"

---

Elissa and Rilian had a successful reign. The two only had one child, as there were complications after Elissa had given birth, but one was enough for them.

Elissa had made a recovery, much to the relief of her husband and her people. Their child was well loved throughout the entirety of the kingdom.

The Underland, in which the Green Witch had held them captive years before, was made a Narnian territory.

As the years passed, their love never faded.

And when it was time for them to pass on, the two were mere hours apart.