Glimfeather, Marina, Evreux, Eustace and Jill walked up to Trumpkin as the owl said, "T-whoo, t-whoo. Two strangers, the Queen's advisor and the Queen, my lord."

Trumpkin was getting in the carriage as he said, "Hey, what ranges? All I see is two uncommonly grubbing ankles, the advisor and the Queen. What do they want?"

Jill stepped forward and said, "My name's Jill."

"The girl's called Jill," Glimfeather stated.

"What?" Trumpkin asked. "The girls are all killed? Who killed him?"

Glimfeather threw a feather into the air. "Nobody's been killed."

"Who?"

"Nobody!" he yelled, throwing both feathers into the air.

"All right, all right, there's no need to shout. You think I'm deaf? And why go to all this trouble to tell me nobody's been killed?"

An light smirk crossed Marina's face as she said, "Your hard of hearing is a strange delight, my friend."

Eustace said in a quiet voice, "You'd better tell him I'm Eustace."

"The boy is Eustace," Glimfeather said.

"Well if he's useless, we don't want him here," Trumpkin shot back.

Eustace crossed his arms and let out a frustrated sigh before pouting.

"Eustace, Eustace!"

"Use to it? Used to what? Oh, wait a minute. Oh, I don't know. When I was a young dwarf, centaurs and badgers and I've really talked. None of this motor in a moment you get nowadays."

"I'd think it more clearly now." Glimfeather glanced back, then faced forward again. "I must be getting later." He looked up at Eustace. "Ah, don't mention the lost princess or the young man. I'll explain later. Oh that would do it. What then? What's to do with the do-" He started walking away.

At the mention of the lost princess and her best friend, Marina's light smile fell. She didn't know where they were and she missed them, her daughter especially, tremendously. Evreux placed a hand on his friend's shoulder.

"No, no, Master Glimfeather," Trumpkin said in a louder voice as he spoke with a device to his ear, causing the owl to face him. "Do you have anything sensible to say? Take a deep breath, speak clearly and say it."

Evreux gestured to the children and said, "Lord Regent, these children are from the land where the Pevensies came from."

Glimfeather nodded. "Beyond the end of the world. They've been sent here by Aslan himself."

"Sent by Aslan?" Trumpkin repeated. "For what purpose?"

"To visit the great Court of Narnia," Jill answered.

Trumpkin pulled the device away from his ear and leaned back. "Oh. Fame spreads." He stood. "Well now, my dears," he hit his head on the roof, "you're heartily welcome. If my poor master the good king, my dear queen's husband, had not set sail this very hour for the Seven Isles, I'm sure he would have welcomed you both too. But it would have brought back his youth to him. But," he went to sit, then groaned and stood again, "I think it's supper time. Don't you? Well, my dears, you can tell me and her highness your business in Chamber tomorrow morning. Glimfeather, see that suitable bed and clothing are provided for one honored guests. Your highness, you should rest." He sat. "Oh and Glimfeather," he lowered his voice, "see that they're properly washed."

Jill's eyes widened slightly and Trumpkin hit the side of the carriage to signal to move. He rode off.

Marina smiled lightly. "I do think food and a good bathing is in order. Come."