17. the monster from hell

-thank you all for the continuous support

-I really love reading the comments and interacting with you guys, it's nice-also got accepted to UMASS Boston, but it's not the school I want to go to, and even my friends were like 'you can do better than that' haha...haha...-my friend got accepted to the school I wanted and my mum said, 'it's because she's smart'- totally didn't cry while doing my daily workout that day lmao no, no-my gpa is still 4.34 thankfully, but not much hope on the horizon for me in the college aspect of things....

'I should not be left to my own devices

they come with prices and vicesI end up in crisisTale as old as time...'-Anti-Hero, Taylor Swift

Shigaraki gasped and wheezed for air. The bad taste of chlorine filled his mouth as he coughed and coughed out water from his lungs. He couldn't move, not when (Y/n) kept his wrists in a tight grip as she shoved him back into the fountain. What the hell is wrong with this girl?, he thought. Dunking someone's head into water was essentially torture, and Shigaraki was a thousand percent sure no hero would approve of these methods.

But (Y/n) wasn't a hero. She was just her. A pathetic hashira, a demon slayer, a murderer--

"Why go through the trouble in planning this for All Might?" (Y/n)'s icy voice sent shivers down Shigaraki's spine. "I don't have the time to wait. Spit it out before I make you."

Before Shigaraki could speak, his head hit the water. This was going to get (Y/n) into trouble with anyone who lived in modern day Japan. It was a good thing Aizawa was preoccupied with the nomu. No hero would approve of such brutality because they understood the concept of mercy. Of peacemaking.

"No such luxuries existed in the Taisho Era." Kibutsuji monotonously noted. He appeared from the depths of (Y/n)'s mind, a disembodied voice that grew louder the more he awakened. "Your very name sent even demons fleeing for the mountains. Why waste such potential? Such power?"

(Y/n)'s jaw tensed. "Shut up," --she shoved Shigaraki into the fountain and he gurgled-- "I don't kill people." There was a hiss in the back of her mind, a loud snap that made her freeze. At the fountain's edge, Kibutsuji materialised into thin air. Very much real, very much alive. He frowned at the bubbles breaking the water's calm surface.

"You killed many before, including demons who were once human. Finish him now, he's nearly done for."

A wave of panic seared into (Y/n)'s skin and she yanked Shigaraki up hard enough to give him whiplash. He collapsed by her feet in a heap, periwinkle hair sopping wet against his eyes screwed shut. How long had (Y/n) kept him there? How much more would it have taken for her to actually kill him?

"I wasn't going to kill him." (Y/n) wasn't sure if she were stating fact or trying to convince herself. "He's still breathing. See? Look, he's breathing."

But what if he hadn't been?

Kibutsuji folded his arms, lips pursed into a look of distaste. "I've seen your memories, I know your Aunt tried to do the same to you." He stood, each step sharp and loud against the cracked concrete tiles. Puddles seemed to part against his impeccable loafers as he paused in front of (Y/n), gaze narrowing. "Acting virtuous does not discriminate against your sins."

Sins? No, no. (Y/n) wasn't...she wasn't trying to kill Shigaraki. All she wanted to do was gain information to whatever plot he had stitched together. How did a nobody like him have knowledge of Kibutsuji? Who was this 'Sensei', and what had created the nomu that Aizawa currently fought in this very moment?