16. the world is my enemy

-who's excited for s6 of Boku no Hero? When Tartarus Kai gets animated I will ascend and Lady Nagant omg omg can't wait
-update since this is me from 20 Jan 2023, began watching the new season of bnha and wow, it's not bad. nice to see some fried chicken and that backstory of Touya's animated (HAHAHA NOW I CAN FREELY TALK ABOUT HIM TO ANIME ONLYS LET'S GO)
-do you see the connection between him and reader (and Kai) now? Yeah? Nice.

'It won't leave my head
Your soul is haunting me and telling me that everything is fine
But I wish I was dead (dead, like you)...'
-Dark Paradise, Lana Del Rey

The bar's sign flickered across the small, dingy street. Some shops were still open for late night goers and those looking for easy money. (Y/n) didn't pay them any mind as she dragged a lone man down a narrow alleyway. His cries went unheard by the loud bass-boosted music shaking the concrete, forgotten to those too drunk to care.

"I think this might be the second time I've had a hunch about my brother this week," (Y/n) said with a grimace. She pinned the man to the wall by his collar, twisting it within a tight choke hold. "And the fifth time I've had to do this."

The man wheezed, kicking and writhing in fear. "Let me go!" he cried. "Let me go!"

(Y/n) seized his bag, slotted it between her feet, and unzipped it. "What has the Hassaikai been up to behind the scenes this time?" She yanked the satchel up and shook it out, watching with disinterest as bags upon bags of syringes fell to the dirty pavement. It was the same as the last four times she ambushed a suspicious looking Yakuza member and found out he was part of the Hassaikai.

Or really, whatever this new order was. The Yakuza didn't deal with scum who dipped their hands in drugs. Sure, other gangs definitely did, but not under Oyaji's watch. He lived with honour, pride, and would not stoop low to the level of desperation to stay afloat.

So where did Kai even get this stuff from? Who produced it for him? (Y/n) dug her heel into the syringes with a tch. They shattered with a crack, filling the plastic bags with dark liquid. "Don't dirty the name of the Shie Hassaikai with your drugs."

The cold, icy edge like winter in her voice sent shivers down the man's spine. He had long stopped struggling to accept whatever fate (Y/n) dared bestow. Anything to end this suffering, this fear gnawing into his broken mind. "P-please," the man rubbed his hands together, "don't kill me! Please, please, I beg you! I beg you!"

Little mercy shone in (Y/n)'s eyes like liquid gold. She threw him against the concrete, just enough to send him wheezing on his side. "My patience has waned as of late." she stated. "Don't test me."

"Please! I was--I was just doing w-what I was t-told!"

(Y/n) stared upon the man as if he were no less than the dirt in this alleyway, expression passive. Clinical. "'Just what you were told'?" Each step towards the man seemed to shake the Heavens. Move the mountains. "I assume you were ordered by the Eight Bullets. Be a good dog and send those circus clowns a message: Stop now unless you want to sleep with one eye open."

The man nodded frantically, bullets of sweat running down his face. "Of course!" He stood from his knees. "Please, leave it to me!" (Y/n) waved a hand towards the broken syringes. "Dispose of this and get out of my sight. I don't want to see the Hassaikai in this area again."

As the man fled the scene with the drugs, (Y/n) unzipped her school bag and took out a kleenux wipe. She sanitized her hands, a scowl twisting at her face. She'd give Kai a call to tell him to end this, but a part of her feared.

The last she'd seen of him was before she went into a deep sleep for months, fighting against Kibutsuji with every ounce of her strength. Kai wouldn't want anything to do with her, and the same went for (Y/n). She didn't want to think about how much she missed his cooking, how much she wanted to talk about anime with Hari, how much she longed for her room.