CHAPTER 18

Kai walks down the white corridors of the base, his gaze flickering to each door he passes. He hums quietly to hinself.

He arrives at the end of the hall, greeted by another door-only this time, it had a keypad. He punches the nunbers in and shuts the door quietly behind him.

The brunette walks over to an empty chair sitting in the middle of the room; he fiddles with the straps, tapping the seat. He plops down and crosses his legs.

Tap.

Tap.

Tap.

"I think it's time the plan should move along now,"

.
.
.
.
.

A shiver runs down Soojin's back as she creates room between her and Bakugo.

'The hell? Why did I feel a shiver just now?'

She lets the blond attack, blocking every move and counters it with a short blow to the stomach.

Bakugo reels back, holding his side with a painful look on his face.

Soojin watches him silently as still as a statue, unsure of what to say.

She hesitates. "...Do you want me to heal you?"

"I'm fine. I don't need your healing." He spat, glaring up at her.

"You're clearly hurt, though. But I do suppose your extraordinarily large ego and blissful arrogance prevents you from accepting help-especially from me of all people, right?"

Bakugo says nothing and instead stands up straight, lifting his shirt and looking away.

"...Make it quick."

She nods and draws water from the air, making quick and efficient use of her quirk.

They don't say another word as they walk back to the dorms and go their separate ways inside the building.

"Soojin."

She whips around and sees Aizawa standing with Midoriya. A strange feeling arises in her; she raises a brow, discreetly grabbing her phone.

"Yes?"

Aizawa pauses before continuing. "...I'll wait till you're done freshening up. Please report to Principal Nezu's office when you're done,"

Soojin nods and heads into her room, instantly sending Kai a text.

<Principal Nezu wants to meet with me. Aizawa and Midoriya will be there. I think they're onto me.>

She sets her phone aside and swiftly freshens up, throwing on a skintight black turtleneck and a flowy, black skirt. She slips into her white Converse and grabs her phone, heading out the door.

<Call me and stay on the line so I can listen.>

Soojin rings him up and shoves her phone back into her pocket, not bothering to check if he was on the call. She knew he would pick up.

Midoriya is found waiting for her by the main entrance with a worried look on his face.

"Midoriya,"

He jumps, startled. "S-Soojin! Er, shall we go?"

"I suppose."

They walk in total silence to the main building; even as they walk up the stairs to Principal Nezu's office.

Midoriya knocks on the door.

"Come in,"

They enter the room and Soojin shuts the door behind her, sitting across from her teacher and classmate.