CHAPTER 15

The tall, brooding brunette man steps out of the lavish black car with a meek girl following close behind, her blood red orbs wide with unease. They follow a messy-haired man up the stairs and into the dorm buildings. All conversations are halted and each head turns to the 2 unfamiliar faces in the room. 

 "Where is Soojin?" Aizawa asks.

 Momo points upstairs. "She's in her room, Sensei. What's going on? Who are they?"

 "You all might recognize Chisaki-san since he helped Soojin move in, but this is his daughter Eri-chan." Aizawa steps aside to let the students marvel at their contrasting beauty for a moment before clearing his throat. 

 "Soojin is on the 5th floor, next to Yaoyorozu's room. Need me to tag along?"

 Chisaki tightens his hold around Eri, his eyes smiling but tone uninviting.

 "No, I think we'll be okay. Let's go Eri; stay close. You might get lost in this large dorm room,"

 The two took off and the students were left in silence. 

 They knew. 

 ---------------------------------

 It was silent the whole way up. Chisaki scans each door till he sees his darling's name etched onto the sign. He drags Eri over and promptly knocks on the door.

 "Jiinie?"

 The door opens immediately to a shirt and joggers Soojin, her hair down for once. There was no mask, no gloves. Only the stench of smoke. She coughs, a small puff of smoke escaping.

 "Excuse me," Soojin shuts the door and does her best to extinguish the smell and the mess in her room, quickly changing into fresh clothing. 

 Eri could've sworn felt Chisaki's grip tighten for a moment-only a moment-before the door swung open again. 

 Soojin moves out of the way to let her guests enter. "Please, come in. Sorry for the mess," They step in, Kai taking a wiff of her room. No smoke. She's fast,

Eri stares up at the albino deeply, wanting to speak but hesitating. She notices the child's eagerness and gives in.

"Er...how have you been, Eri-chan?" Soojin asks stiffly. Kai surpresses the urge to laugh and looks away. Her attempts at making idle chit-chat with a useless child are futile. But the thing  did promise to be good, so maybe communicating with it shouldn't be helpless afterall.

 It better not be.

 Eri smiles nervously at the albino. "I-I've been-"

  "Wait, why am I even asking that? Of course you're not okay." Soojin glares at Kai. "You're with him. Why are you guys even here anyways?"

 "What, I can't visit my lover~?" 

 She gives him a disgusted look, rolling her eyes. "Whatever. What's the real reas-" 

 She stops. 

 Soojin's gaze travels to the door, a cold look growing on her face. She jumps up quickly and slams open the door, revealing almost the whole class leaning against the door. They all crumple and slump at her feet, ashamed. Kai holds Eri close to him.

 "I don't think this is privacy, is it?" She says, glaring down at them. They avert their guilty gazes away. 

 She hums. "That's what I thought. Now get out my sight and stop eavesdropping on me before I freeze you all."

 Her classmates stare blankly.

 "What are you waiting for? Now!" They all scramble to their feet and rush out the door, Soojin slamming the door and locking it behind them. 

 She heaves out a sigh, turning back and sitting at her desk. 

 "Where were we? Right, you were telling me why you really came to visit me. Spit it out," 

 Kai immediately lets go of Eri. 

 "I came to warn you about you teacher and classmates. It seems that Eri's little tantrum has reached your teacher and very much likely your principal. I suspect that most of the staff here already know about the Hassekai and most likely Eri, too. Because of that, I need you to keep your guard up. 

 "Continue spying for the LOV and I, understood? Nobody must know about Eri but the group."

 Soojin nods obediently. "Yes, sir. By the way, when's the next meeting with them?"

"They haven't bothered to respond to our calls or messages like the unorganized group they are, so be on alert for my updates. I or Hari will let you know when we'll be having a meeting," He says, getting up.

 "So is that all? Why bring Eri along?"

 Kai browses her drawers, inspecting them. "To prove that she isn't in "danger" in my hands. My, you have quite the bounty of cigarettes, don't you? It's a wonder how you don't have throat or lung cancer yet. Including rotten and yellow teeth," He holds up 6 packs of cigarettes.

 "I thought we were getting better?"

 Soojin looks down silently.

 Meanwhile, Eri is watching quietly but curiously. Soojin-nee smoked? That's so badass!

 Kai clicks his tongue in disappointment. 

 "I'll be watching your card from now on."

 Soojin's head snaps up. 

 "WHAT?!"

She clears her throat. "What?! Why?"

"You clearly can't be trusted with your money, seeing you bought 6 packs of Malboro cigarettes. We also walked in on you smoking. How can I trust you to manage your money wisely when you can't even manage your own impulses?" He shakes his head. "You're not going to get any better if you continue like this."

She swallows her tears and just nods. 

"Remember Jiinnie-you did this to yourself. You bought something you knew you weren't supposed to and damaged your lungs. You have nothing else but yourself to blame for this,"

 Eri's eyes widen in worry and surprise. Soojin-nee looks like she's about to cry...

 'Hold it in.'

 Kai disintegrates the cigarettes in his hand, turning Soojin's chin to face him.

 "You know I love you, Jiinnie. This is all for your own good," He pats her shoulder and opens the door.

 "Come along now, Eri; overstaying our welcome would be rude. Till next time, Soojin."

 They eye each other carefully as Eri quietly treads towards the tall brunette, holding out her hand for him. He grabs it and they leave without another word. 

 khcaak

 Soojin locks the door closed again and flops onto her bed tiredly, stuffing her face into her pillow. She lets out a long groan.

 "I don't want to do this anymore..."

---------------------------------------------------

 "Should we give them a call or text back, boss?"

 "Go ahead. Figure out a time and place and report back to me immediately,"

 "Yes, boss."

A/N: WOOO!!! i finally finsihed this chapter ahdjlaks findally back to 1k+ words squad anyways the plot is finally moving along crying