𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 1

lowercase is intended. 

thursday, april 20, 2020. 4:47 P.M. JST

soojin had been training for quite a while already today. currently, she was working on her knife skills.

"miss jiin?" 

a feeble, timid, voice catches said girl's attention, and she sets her knife down. "hello, sestuno. another mission?" "yes. master overhaul requests that you see him in his office for details first, though, miss jiin." soojin nods and follows the blonde out. 

"welcome, jiin! you may go now, setsuno. thank you." setsuno bows and walks out, closing the door behind him. the albino sits opposite the boss and scoots a bit farther out. "now, now, soojin. i've told you multiple times that you don't need to be so proper when it's just us two; scoot back in!" kai takes off his masks with a smile, leaning in with an envelope in his hands as soojin reluctantly does the same and takes it from him. "you're giving me a mission, though. how am i supposed to act casual with you?" he sighs. "you weren't so cold with me back then...anyways, there's another group out there trying to get our quirk-erasing bullets again and i need you to eliminate them." she pulls out the papers, looking through them. "do we have any information on how many of them are planning to invade us?" "about 20 of them." "i can take them on by myself, just send rappa with me in case i get overthrown." kai nods and takes the envelope back. "by the way, would you like to have dinner with me tomorrow night? take a break off of your studies, work, and hang out like friends for old times sake?" soojin gives in at the sight of his handsome smile, melting, and nods. "why not?" she goes back to training right after, trying to focus on the mission. 

6:25 P.M. JST
soojin comes down to the dining room and sits next to kai. she breathes in the aroma of the spicy curry, letting it calm her senses, and she lets a soft smile grow on her face. "let's eat! ittadakimassu," they clap their hands and begin their meal, quietly enjoying the food in peace. afterwards, they eat mochi and drink tea in the tea room to calm down and get ready for bed.        

the room had an excellent view of the night sky

"shouldn't eri be eating with us, kai?" soojin takes a sip of her tea; no answer. "i'll take you shopping after your mission tomorrow, okay? you're to leave at 8 AM in the morning and arrive back here by 11; just enough time for you to get ready for our little date." kai takes a bite out of the mochi with his chopsticks. "understood. where will we be going?" "you'll see," 

10 P.M. , in kai's lab.

hari pulls out a needle, pumping an unidentified drug into it. "only 1 liter today, got it?" "understood." he doesn't hesitate in injecting the screaming, kicking, child with the needle and drug. 

"HELP ME, PLEASE!"

soojin shoots awake to a nightmare, sweating, her breathing labored and head raging. what the fuck was that?  she stumbles out of her room in pursuit of kai for something to help her fall asleep again without pain. her face remained in a scowl the whole time; the pain getting too much to handle. "ka-overhaul? are you in your lab again?" she staggers to the room at the end of the hall and bangs on it. "overhaul, the headaches are back again. please come out and make it go away," a moment of silence passes before the door opens slightly and said man comes out with a familiar scent on his coat. is that blood? probably from his experiments..?  he guides her to his office and pulls out a bottle of pills. "are you stressed, jinnie? your nightmares and migraines are becoming more and more frequent." he pours a glass of water for her, sliding the pills and glass over on the coffee table. she stays silent as she downs the pills, slamming the cup down. "where's my pack of cigarettes?" "you're not smoking at-" he glances at the clock. "-10:06 P.M. didn't i already tell you to lay off it?" soojin gets up and grabs his shoulders with a pleading look in her eyes. kai gulps. "p-please, i...i've been a good girl this week, have i not? i did everything you said without question and completed the missions with out failure. i deserve it! o-or maybe just a sip of my favorite wine? huh?" tears brim the albino's eyes when she lets go of him. "you just need a hug," "don't force yourself to do things you don't actually want to do, kai. i know you hate being touched and i'm sorry for-" she gets pulled into his arms, finally feeling his warmth after years of having to act cold to him. "soojin, please. you're the only person i'd ever allow to touch me like this. i care for you as much as i love you; which is a lot. so please stop all those bad habits, okay?" he strokes her long hair, breathing in her scent, feeling her body tremble. "kai, i..."

"i missed you."

"i missed you, too."

kai guides soojin back to her room and tucks her in, watching her fall right back asleep.

"angel.."

he caresses her face.

"i've got you right where i want you."

A/N: i'm so sorry if this is a bit too fast paced. i'll try to be more patient with my writing and actually write crap out- ;;w;