ⵊ'ʟʟ Cᴜᴛ Mʏ Hᴀɪʀ Tᴏ Mᴀᴋᴇ Yᴏᴜ Sᴛᴀʀᴇ

TW// cussing, coming out, transphobia mentions, crying, talk of bullying, Misgendering, deadnaming, dysphoria?

Tubbo's POV

I grabbed the scissors. They were small and barley fit in my hand without my fingers getting stuck in them. I stood near the sink and held a chunk of my long hair. I hesitated a lot, and then decided, fuck it, and brought the scissors up, chopping on a good eight inches of the hair.

The hair fell onto the sink. I then did the same to the other side. I cried, already knowing I was probably gonna get sent back for this. I cut the hair shorter and shorter until it was about the same length as Tommy's and Wilbur's.

I raked some of the loose hair on the sink into my hands, putting it into the bin. What else was I supposed to do with it? Eat it? That's something Tommy would do, probably.

I look at the small amount of hair still on the sink. I then slumped down the wall, sitting on the cold, tile floor with my head between my knees, silently letting tears go down my face. I didn't wanna go back, but I knew it was gonna happen. There's no way they'd support me. Yeah, they're really nice, but nice people can be transphobic.

I heard a soft knock on the door.

"Alesha?" I heard Tommy's voice say. I quickly stood up, muttering a "shit." "You...ok?" Tommy asked. I didn't reply, as I was trying to rake up the rest of the hair on the sink. I didn't want them to be mad at me for making a mess. "Are you alright? Do you need help?" He sounded worried.

I didn't know what to say.

"You're worrying me. I'm coming in." Tommy said. I stiffened up as the door opened. I look at him from in the mirror, years in my eyes, and my hand on the scissors as I was about to grab them to put them up.

Tommy looked at me with a slightly shocked expression. I then looked over at him, not through his reflection. He looked behind him for a moment before slipping into the room, closing the door behind him.

"Here, give me those." He said, gesturing to the scissors. I picked them up with my shaking hands, passing them to him. He walked behind me. "What are you-?" He cut me off. "It's uneven. I'm fixing it." He said.

I could hear the scissors snipping at the back of my head and I stayed completely still. I wondered if he just thought I wanted short hair, or if he had caught on. Knowing him, I wasn't sure.

After a minute or so, he walked over, putting the scissors back into the cabinet and dumping some loose hairs into the bin. I guess he had been catching them in his hand to prevent them from falling to the floor.

We faced each other for a moment as he thought of what to say.

"So...what's your name?" He asked, looking up at my eyes. I was a bit caught off guard. So he did understand, but he's not...mad? Or upset?

"It's- It's Toby. Or Tubbo. I guess Tubbo is kinda like a nickname." I replied quietly, looking down at the floor. I felt a pair of arms wrap around me as Tommy hugged me. It caught me off guard for a moment.

Then I realized: when was the last time I received a hug? Years, probably. I hadn't really noticed how touch starved I was.

I squeezed him back, doing my best to not cry on his shirt.

"You know, I've always wanted a brother closer to my age." He said. I started to cry again, sure I was gonna squeeze the life out of him. He called me his brother. Not his sister, but his brother. He...accepted me.

"Will- Will they accept me too?" I asked quietly. "Yeah! Of course they will!" Tommy replied. I nodded, releasing from our hug. I picked at my nails nervously. "Do you...want me to tell them for you!" He asked. "Would you?" I looked up at him. He smiled, nodding.

"Mhm! I can do all the talking while you stand there, we can both talk, or can just tell them when you're not around if you want." He said. "You do the talking, please." He nodded, patting my shoulder.

He walked past me, opening the door. We both walked out, me behind him a little.

"Stay here for a second." He whispered. I nodded and he walked around the corner, into the sitting room.

"Hey, is Alesha ok? You've been gone for like half an hour." Phil's voice said. "Uh..." Tommy glanced at me. I nodded. "Yeah, he is fine. He just got a little shaky."

My heart stopped for a moment when it went quiet.

"He?" Wilbur's voice asked, confused.

Tommy reached, grabbing my arm and pulling me around the corner.

"This is Toby/Tubbo! You son and brother!" Tommy smiled, leaning on my shoulder. I looked, seeing the surprise and shock on their faces. I got nervous.

"Are...they gonna send me back?" I quietly asked Tommy. "What?! No!" Tommy shook his head at me. "Guys, say something, for fucks sake! You're making him nervous!" He then said to the other three.

"Mateeee," Phil said in a high voice, standing up and walking out way, "I'm so proud of you!" He knelt down, hugging me. I put my arms around him, hugging back. "You're not mad?" I asked. "Of course not, just surprised."

"Did you do your hair yourself? It looked great!" Wilbur then said, as I noticed he and Techno were now next to us. "Tommy helped." I said. "Yeah, it looked like shit when I found him. What can I say? I'm quite amazing." Tommy shrugged. Techno shook his head, rolling his eyes. "Whatever, nerd." He said, nudging Tommy's arm.

I felt Techno ruffle my hair. I looked up, seeing him with a small grin. He looked proud.

"So...what're you gonna do about the kids at school? Because- they'll definitely catch on." Tommy said. "Oh...Oh, god, I didn't think about that." I covered my mouth, backing up from Phil's lingering hug.

"Hey, you'll be ok." Phil said with a smile. "No, I won't. Kids are so mean, Phil. I'll be so bullied. I can't- I can't go through that again! My mum had to take me out of school and homeschool me because of how bad it got." I said, scared tears forming in my eyes.

I pressed my palms against my eyes, hoping they wouldn't notice the tears.

"It'll all be fine, mate. If something happens just tell me and I'll take care of it." Phil said. Did he not understand that that'll make me get bullied even more? For being a 'snitch?' "Als, like, most of the people at school are scared of me, so, if you just tell them you know me, they should lay off." Techno then said. I nodded, exhaling as I stared at the ground.

"I expect you three to beat a bitch up if you see anyone messing with him in any way. He's your brother, protect him. I expect you to at least try." Phil said, looking at Wilbur, Techno, and Tommy. I lightly smiled. He called me a 'he,' their brother.

He sees me as a boy.

I was pulled into a hug, my arms pressing against my chest.

But...I'm not a boy.

Words: 1,260