allies to friends.

dereks POV:

this new little pack almost gave it away stiles was my mate. i mean- he might know but he didn't let it on if he did. i watched him chat easily to the new wolves, a smile plastered on his face.  i was sat at the island in the kitchen- a beer can in hand. everyone else was scattered about- mingling easily.

i didn't know how i would tell him- how exactly do you go about telling someone that they are destined to be with you and you alone? it would be so much easier if he had grown up in the supernatural world- so mnay less problems if he could recognise the signs from the start.

isaac came and sat next to me watching stiles. his eyes lit up when kira said something but i could pick up what with all the other conversations. a small part of me felt jealous- i wanted to make his eyes to light up in amusement and happiness, i wanted him hanging  off every word i say just like how he is now, with kira. it was a stupid thing though.

isaac nudged me harshly. a gave him a half assed growl. he rolled his eyes.

"i've been nudging you for a good few minutes. what's wrong?"

i turned back to watch stiles. he had sat even closer to kira. i looked to isaac again. willing myself not to growl at kira.

"nothing"

"well clearly not nothing. if you want my advice- i'd just tell him already, he's happy here. he loves all of us... sometimes i wonder how, we kidnapped him for fucks sake and yet- he still cares so much for us, even after being locked here, getting beaten, almost sold and lets be honest his whole life was turned upside down for him. we fucked with his life so badly so sometimes i do, i really do wonder how he can love us so much... it's obvious, he walks around reeking of love and affection. especially around you"

he whispered the last part just for my ears. i pushed down a smile. ever since he was temporarily kidnapped i had wanted- no, needed to be around him, to keep him safe, i stopped caring about shoving my wolf down and finally embraced it. it was nice- my wolf had even started talking to me instead of growling or whining, short usually one word requests but talking nonetheless. i looked back to stiles, he was chuckling quietly as kira whispered something in his ear. my beer can crushed under my hand. oops, i unclenched my hand, pushing the crushed can to the side and focused my attention back on the two. stiles pulled away and hugged her tightly- why was he hugging her? what the fuck did she say? he got up and walked back to the kitchen, i followed suit- i saw isaac roll his eyes as i did so.

i cornered him and he turned round to face me, smiling at me.

"what we're you and kira talking about?"

i said lowly- i know i sound overbearing but i need to know. he shrugged lightly.

"just stuff about her pack"

hit heart beat changed.

"you're lying stiles"
i stated. he gulped slightly.

"well why do you even care?"

what could i even say to that?  i turned away

"i don't"
i managed. his eyes softened slightly- how could he catch on to things so easily?

"if it's really bothering you then i'll say- it's not anything bad. she was just talking to me about werefoxes and kitsunes- how they are like cousins, she was saying she can help me with controlling and things like that"

oh- now i feel like a dumbass. i nodded slightly, casting a look at kira who was staring at me- trying to suppress a laugh, scott was telling her something with a shit eating grin. have to ask what that was about later aswell.