new friend

stiles once again woke up in his room with no idea how he got there. this was becoming a habit... dereks arm was still around him though. stiles furrowed his brows in confusion and thought back on the previous day.

he was sad, that wasn't unusual- then the pack meeting. ah. that's when it went down hill. jackson was riling him up and he found himself being ripped away from his body in a way he couldn't explain. then, when he was barely treading water in his own minds derek said something. what did he say?

maybe we should sell him.

stiles felt his heart constrict. his inside knotted uncomfortably at the memory. after that it was like he was looking through his eyes as a bystander. his fox had taken control and he could only stare as jackson and derek were caught in vines. the feeling of betrayal, guilt, pain, and so so so much sadness was present.  his fox spoke- some of the words stiles couldn't pin point but he heard sad, protect, ma- he can't remeber the last one. but stiles remembered it vividly- watching his wolf he didn't even make an attempt to break out. stiles remembered blacking out after that. those words were the last he heard. he removed dereks arm from around him and left without looking back.

derek watched him leave, a pang of pain striking his heart. stiles reeked of betrayal and an overwhelming amount of sadness- derek had to correct this.

stiles entered the kitchen carefully, making sure no one else was there. he checked his watch, 6:30am. stiles made a cup of coffee for himself, he cleaned up the kitchen as he went, trying to busy himself from his leeching thoughts.

after that he settled down on the couch. and turned on the TV, it was rare that he ever got alone time in this place, weather that was down to being deemed untrustworthy or because they acted like family and spent time with one another, he couldn't tell.

he put on a guilty pleasure series: bluey, not that he would admit to enjoying the kids show. he enjoyed the comfort that it brought and the life lessons off it.

after the second episode adverts came on. one caught his attention, it was about a new mall recently built- three miles away, he missed just being able to go shopping, it sounded stupid but he hadn't even been out of the house since the whole cruncher plan. he missed it.

stiles didn't notice derek standing in the corner- watching as stiles looked longingly at the ad. he felt a stab of guilt for keeping him basically prisoner there. it had been weeks if not months since he went out. it wasn't that he didn't trust stiles, but with a target basically strapped to him at all times now everyone who was anyone knew the power he possessed. they couldn't take those chances, sure a slight part of him still felt stiles might bolt if given the chance but he was just paranoid really.

a couple hours later derek called a pack meeting for everyone besides stiles- he was too busy watching bluey to notice anyway.

they all sat around him, waiting for the news.

"so..."

derek cleared his throat

"stiles has been here for three months roughly. we all trust him. right?"

he got nods and murmurs of agreement

"okay. he's been cooped up here for too long and it's time he was given some trust. to see if he really would run. i say we send him to the mall- alone-"

"are you insane?"

"someone will spot him"

"he's gonna run"

"he will be kidnapped instantly"

"he's a walking alarm"

derek growled- they all shut up.