control (:

stiles blinked slowly, it felt like a jackhammer was slamming against his skull. he looked around with bleary eyes. he was in his bed but he didn't remember going here, he remembered cruncher who was about to... his eyes widened in fear, stiles' hands shot to his neck, he felt a slight cut there but not deep. he let out a sigh of relief then got up carefully- from his recent book about packs he learnt as long as the bite does not hit the jugular there can be no bond- as he stretched out all his limbs and popped his joints he thought back to last night, he had shot ice at cruncher. but he was an air fox... right?

stiles scrambled for his werefox book and studied the water section diligently, when he read all there was to read he snapped the book closed and headed for the kitchen. he was eager to work with his newfound ability.

"good morning"
said a wary scott as stiles entered. he mumbled back and grabbed an energy drink, then he fished out two of his pain meds- the non sleepy type- and swallowed them quickly.

"those are bad for you yknow, messes with your heart"
he said in a matter-of-factly tone. stiles cracked the can open and took a long gulp.

"so does finding out your a werefox, getting kidnapped by a werewolf mafia then almost getting bitten by some insane rich guy"

stiles snapped back, a hint of bitterness in his tone but not aimed at him. scott shut up. he couldn't exactly argue with that.

"do you remember anything?"
scott asked, opting to slightly change the subject.

stiles scratched behind his neck and thought back to last night.

he remembered the anger and fear coursing through him; he remembered the ice shards being sent towards cruncher. he remembers the uncontrollable urge to kill him for what he had tried to do, he remembered losing control then... derek, derek brought him back to earth. stiles remembered his scent, his warmth and how he had never felt so at home before that very moment.

"bits of it"
he replied with.  scott gave him a look as if to say 'absolute bullshit' but said no more. they sat in silence for a while until stiles piped up.

"is anyone in the training room?"

scott shook his head and smiled a little, he was glad stiles had begun to feel a little more comfortable here. it was nice.

stiles gave him a short wave and headed over. this time he brought a bottle of water with him. stiles still felt a little rough after the night before but not too bad to go to bed.

he poured all the water onto the ground.  making a large puddle. stiles concentrated heavily on making the water move, like before it trembled and sent small ripples about but made no effort of moving far. stiles repeated this for 20 minutes until he sighed defeated and flopped onto his back. he went back to last night yet again, why did it work then? he supposed he was uncontrollably angry but, that couldn't be the only way to work it. otherwise he would be a loose cannon. nevertheless stiles sat up and tried again, this time harnessing his anger. the water shot up into a bubble and hit the ceiling creating a large stain while droplets began falling from above.

stiles groaned in irritation and stormed tot the kitchen to grab another bottle of water, he got an inquisitive look from scott and isaac who were sitting on the island together but they said nothing.

he returned, once again spilt all the water on the ground and then he sat down cross legged and allowed his anger to boil in his gut, the simmering fury and resentment he felt towards multiple people (mostly cruncher) built in him as his eyes began to shine a dark blue. he carefully controlled it and urged the water to move, ever so slowly it began to take form of a very small ball, about the size of a golf ball.

stiles watched in awe as the bubble of water drifted around him, he tentatively reached out his finger and found he could hold it like a baseball.

stiles grinned happily and threw the water against the wall, it landed with a satisfying splat. then he tried again with more this time.

he repeated this till he had almost perfected it. a large orb floated above him as he guided it with his hands. by then a mischievous idea struck him. he carefully carried it out the room, then moved to the kitchen where scott and isaac both stood with cups of coffee, chatting idly. he backed towards the training room again then took a breath and yelled.

"AHHH FUCK"

"stiles?!"

he heard a confused and concerned scott yell. a smirk was slapped on stiles' face. 

"SCOTT, ISAAC COME QUICK"

he shouted again.

"Stiles? are you alright?"

he heard them both yell. stiles muffled his laughter and waited. when the two came barrelling in stiles waited till they turned around confusion and concern on their features. when scott turned round he caught sight of stiles, his eyes widened at the orb of water. stiles wore a sickening grin. then he sent the bubble full pelt towards the two poor souls.

a loud splash could be heard as isaac and scott was drenched from head to toe.

stiles burst into fits of laughter and every time he calmed down he'd look over and laugh uncontrollably again. to be fair they were good sports to the prank and smiled to each other when they saw stiles happy.

when stiles had calmed down scott spoke up with a devilish smile

"stiles this is brilliant, you can control your power! and you control water... cmon give me a big hug"

stiles' face dropped.

"don't you dare"

it was their turn to grin and they sprinted after the poor boy. stiles tried desperately hard to run away but scott tackled him to the ground and gave him a massive bear hug, dampening all his clothes.

"oh scott... you dick"

scott simply chuckled, got up and offered him a hand. as stiles took it and stood up isaac tackled him, sending them both tumbling down in fits of laughter. eventually isaac picked stiles up and placed his feet down. the three walked out the training room absolutely covered in water and cracking juvenile jokes to one another.

neither noticed derek who stood to the side and watched the whole ordeal. no one else saw the small smile as he saw the three bonding over something so stupid.