A Dead Soul

Max POV

Max POV

"Glad you are back, Alpha." Terry greeted me as soon as I got to my office. He was in charge of everything while I was with my little wolf at our perfect place. We needed that time alone to enjoy each other without distractions, and it was the best decision, as Ares is way calmer inside me now.

I smiled at him and got to my seat. "Thanks for holding the fort, Terry. I hope the onboarding of the new members has been fine."

"Yes! But there are some decisions you will have to make. But the constructions are back as before. New housing will be done soon." Terry opened his laptop to give me the runover of everything, but I had something else in mind.

"We will deal with this later. Ares is anxious to get rid of Jordan. We had postponed it long enough, and now is the time to deal with that scumbag." Terry smiled at my words. He, too, was ready to dispose of Jordan's body.

"Very well, Max. Let's go to the pack cells. I am keeping our guess very comfortable as he deserves." I smirked at him. I knew Jordan was anything but comfortable there.

I got inside the pack cells, and Jordan looked miserable in the corner of his cell, wearing the heavy Silver chains. He knew his end was close, and I would not make it easy for him. He stood up quickly in my presence and winced as the chains pulled his wrists. "Maximus! I told your Beta I had no part in your mate's suffering. I did not give any orders for her to be hurt." Desperation was coming in waves from him, and I knew he was not lying. I could feel it. But it did not matter. He had recruited the packs and facilitated them to take her.

"That is true, but you took my mate from me and left her with your Witch and two monsters that wanted nothing but hurt her." I nodded at Terry for him to open the cell. Ares was ready to play, and so was I.

"You knew what Michael had done to her, you saw the reports, and you went and left her with him to do as he pleased. And for that, Jordan, my wolf, will make you pay." I got inside his cell, and he cowardly walked back, but there was nowhere he could hide from me.

"Please, Maximus, I told your Beta already I had nothing to do with that. It was all Michael. He made me do all of it." His end was close, and he still lied to me. Can he be less stupid and save it?

I shook my head. "Oh, Jordan, your lies will get you nowhere. It is only feeding my wolf's hate of you." Ares was salivating inside me, ready to attack. "I will tell you how your torture will go. First, I will kill your wolf. I will not let him help you heal and take half the pain. My mate didn't have her wolf when Michael hurt her. She was a pup and suffered for years. Now you will suffer for not doing your job as a member of the Council."

Terry got a syringe with Wolfsbane. Ares has hated Jordan since they met, and the fear in Jordan's eyes only made Ares want to hurt him further. He could not wait to be let out to do what he had wanted for years.