Taken

Max POV

Max POV

Ares started to run towards the pack house and was pushing fast. I asked him a few times what was happening, but he did not say anything. His heart was going fast, and his mind was confused.

But while we ran, I mindlinked Terry to leave with the rest of the warriors that were not injured and get to the other side to help my General. A few healers were there near, and I knew they would support the ones in need now that Ares had killed anyone trying to hurt us.

Halfway there, we felt an intense pain in the heart that led Ares to collide. We stayed there on the ground. Ares was panting from the pain and took deep breaths. "Get up, buddy. We need to get there." I encouraged him to keep running, and he got up and started again towards the house. Before we got to the pack house, I could already sense the chaos there. Ares increased his pace and kept up when we saw our men being attacked. Ares wanted everyone's head.

He saw two Alphas trying to get inside the pack house and jumped on them, throwing both against the wall and killing them with the impact. Ares went to the other side and finished with everyone that was there. We needed any of the Alphas alive. We could torture them and make them talk. I tried to stop Ares, but it was in vain. He needed to feel their blood in his mouth to calm him down.

He ran around checking if there were still any danger and when he figured out there was none. Ares shifted into a human and commanded Connor and Karl to shift back too, and when they did it, Ares got both by their necks against the wall of the pack house.

"Where is my MATE!!!!!!!" The pack house shook with his words, and I saw fear in their eyes.

"Ares, come down. We need them to tell us what happened." Like that day at the nursery, I could not get back control. We needed to talk and find out where they went and who took our mate.

But, of course, Ares did not listen to me. They did not protect our mate, and he would destroy everything there if he had to. Ares did not wait for them to talk. Like dolls, Ares threw them to the other side, and they flew, landing hard on the ground.

"Ares, that is ENOUGH!!!" My mother's voice echoed behind. "Your mate sacrificed herself to save us. She would not be happy to find out you killed her guard and Gamma. You need them to rescue her."

Ares got confused with her message, and I used the opportunity to take control. I pushed him back. He needed a minute to cool down. Desperate, I looked at my mother's face. "Mum." She came to me and held me now that I was back in control. After getting back total control, I could feel the pain in my heart that my other half was no longer here.

People were getting out of the pack house to help the ones injured and passed us some shorts. I put them on and walked to where Ares had thrown Connor and Karl, and they were pretty beaten and sure had many bones broken.