Learning his Powers

Max POV

Max POV

Conor and Ger walked us to the war room, and the fear never left her. She must be terrified of Michael, and I hated him for that. Next time I set my eyes on him, he will die, and Ares would not even have to ask for it.

She squeezed my hand, and I felt panic coming from her. I looked down at her face. "I cannot feel Aphrodite. It is like she is not here anymore." I held the sides of her face comforting her.

"Calm down. They will know you are a werewolf, don't worry about it. She said she was going to be numb." I kissed her forehead and tried to take away her panic and fear. I nodded at Conor, and he opened the door for us. As I had expected, a witch had accompanied them.

They all looked at Julie, and I concentrated on the mate bond, accepting it more and more. I wanted to see if they represented any threat before they could make a move. And it was just like the night before when Karl and Terry asked me to try it as if it was a game.

I took a deep breath and composed myself. Everything rushed inside me too fast, like when I saw Julie at my parent's cabin. I called for Ares. "Ares. Can you feel it?" He growled low. "Yes!" And I knew exactly what he meant. Jordan was lusting for our little wolf. "Stay cool, buddy. He won't have her."

Jordan stood up from his chair and smiled. "The Moon Goddess has gifted you over and over, Maximus. First with your powerful wolf and now with a stunning mate." They all sniffed the air inhaling more of her scent, and just like me, they could only sense the wolf scent coming from her.

I snarled at him, warning Jordan. "I thought I was clear before. A she-wolf will interview my mate. She is not here to be judged by an audience. Or talk about what happened at the Woodland Pack to you all. I will not put her through it."

Ferdinand stood up and smiled. I was sick of his soft diplomatic talk. "Yes, of course. But you did not expect we would not want to meet the future Luna of the Blue Moon Pack, did you?" I could see Robbie staring at her and felt he was ready to attack if needed. He was the strongest in the council but nothing close to the old Ares. I can imagine now that Ares could take him down without sweat.

Kell waved a hand, and the witch came forward. She must be their new acquisition, as this is the first time I have seen her. She was young like Julie. Kell looked at me and said. "First, we will get the witch claimed waved. After that, we will start with your alleged claims after the Woodland Pack, Maximus."

The witch came near Julie, and I stepped in front of Julie, shielding her. I let Ares out, and he delivered his message with glowing gold eyes. "Make her feel pain, and you will not leave my territory alive. I will also destroy your coven to ensure your species won't see the light of day."

Julie's heart was going too fast with all those people staring at her like she was an animal in the Zoo, and I mindlinked her. "Stay calm, Julie. I will never let her hurt you." I sensed Karl and Terry just on our left side. The witch's orange eyes looked at me and nodded. "It will not hurt." The witch held Julie's arms and chanted something lower.