It Will Hurt

Max POV

Max POV

It had been two days since my mate had been taken. I was losing my mind, and Ares had already gone on a rampage killing everyone my father and the General had captured. He tortured everyone, but they did not know anything. It was like everything was meticulously planned, and nothing got out inside the packs to other rankings.

Every minute was more challenging to control Ares, and I knew I could not block him. I needed his help, but at the same time, he was on the verge of hurting his people. Ares walked in circles inside my mind, and the only thing keeping us together was that we had not felt any pain. For the moment, Julie was safe and not being tortured, but Ares had not felt Aphrodite, not even once, and it was getting him nervous.

Sarah had been working on a tracking spell, but it was leading us to too many different places, and she said the Witch had put a spell on the area they were keeping her. Terry and Karl were working on gathering more Witches to help Sarah break the spell.

My mum walked into my office, stopping my thoughts. "You need to at least lay down for a while, son. You have not slept for nearly three days now."

I rubbed my forehead and looked outside. It was nearly nightfall again. I was tired, but sleep was the least of my priorities. "I will sleep when I find Julie, mum. Knowing she was in danger, I could never sleep comfortably in our bed. And it is not like Ares will let me. He is walking in circles in my mind and cannot quiet down."

"Alpha, you must come here now and bring Sarah with you." Connor's voice came on the mindlink, and it seemed hopeful for the first time in days. They might have found a lead at what remained of Shadows Pack. "I am on my way, Connor."

I got up quickly and walked to the door. "I need to go, Mum. Connor might have found something at the former Shadows Pack." She grabbed my hand before I could leave. "Make Ares sleep, Max. Things can come in his dreams. Maybe Aphrodite cannot reach him normally, but there are always ways for us true mates."

I squeezed her hand. "Ok, mum. I need to go now." I was anxious to see what Connor had found. I grabbed Sarah and drove fast inside my territory, crossing where the wooden borderline used to be. Shadows Pack territory belongs to the Blue Moon now, and my warriors had taken down the other part of the border that did not come down with Ares' roar.

Ger was waiting and brought us to the pack cells. It had another door hidden in the far end; inside, so many Witches were captured. I looked around and could not say how they got there. Ares was raging inside me. "What is this, Ares?"

"Witch hunt. Those are John's souvenirs." I knew if John were not dead, he would feel an excruciating death now by Ares. How could John have done that to those Witches? Sarah looked at me with tears and pointed to the left side. "This is my coven, Alpha Maximus." She ran inside to embrace them.