"I'm on it"

Once she leaves Lexie looks at Maddy who is just as shocked as her "Unbelievable" Madelyn looks at the younger girl "She's so happy, all the time, it's like a disease" Lexie laughs "Yeah and her names April, like who calls their kid April" Madelyn laughs as well "Honestly I didn't even know her name" The two girls continue to walk and talk enjoying the feeling of normality without the merger weighing over them

~~~~~

Madelyn and Lexie are wheeling the patient down the hallway when they see April talking to Derek, the patient notices the look on their faces and says "You gonna fight back at some point or just let her bury you" Lexie scoffs "She's not burying me, she's new, she just finding her footing"

"She found her footing in the back of your neck" the patient replies "What do you care" Maddy asks "I don't know, i like you" he replies

Madelyn looks back at April who is laughing with her brother cringing at the sight she shares a look with Lexie "Find her open window, everyone has one, a weak spot undefended, an open window or a key hidden under a fake rock, that's how I do it" the patient says "Yeah well your a criminal and I'm not" Lexie replies "Speak for yourself I think it's great advice" the patient nods towards Madelyn "It's not a crime to do to her what she's doing to you" Lexie looks at the two in disbelief "Which is what exactly"

The patient raises his brows at her "Making you look like an idiot" Lexie turns to Maddy who has a look of mischief written all over her face...

~~~~~

Back in Billy's room Madelyn and Lexie are both explain the severity of his injuries "With this kind of injury, there is a chance that you could end up With severe weakness in your legs." Billy looks at Lexie
"That's okay. I carry the stuff out with my arms, not my legs." Maddy chuckles slightly as Lexie says "This is serious, Billy." Billy looks at Lexie then at Madelyn "You're guys are gonna fix me up fine. Listen ... I've got a present for you."

Billy shows them Aprils notebook "You stole her notebook!" Lexie yells "Keep it down. You want my cop all over this? Don't you get it? This is her open window."

Madelyn has to admit she's pretty impressed "I don't ... I don't want her open window." Lexie says "Oh, I do" Madelyn disagrees

Billy starts reading from the notebook "you're not just a good doctor. You're a great doctor." "you are the future of medicine." "only you can keep you down." And my favorite is, uh ... "no one can tell it's plastic surgery."

Madelyn laughs as Lexie can't believe her ears "Oh my god" Billy joins Madelyn's laughter saying "I think it's the nose, but it could be the boobs. What do you think?" Maddy thinks "Oh it's definitely the nose" Lexie is still panicking "G-give it back to her, and stop reading it."

"future of medicine" alert." Billy throws the notebook at Lexie who catches it and hides it as April enters the room "You haven't seen my notebook anywhere have you" April asks as Madelyn struggles to hide her laugh "Small,red, I-I was holding it all morning" Lexie looks down at her hands "Um, i'm not sure"

"So much for that photographic memory" April rolls her eyes and leaves. "Oh wow, are you gonna have that Lex" Lexie just stares blankly ahead not saying a thing...

~~~~~

The residents sit down for lunch everyone of them having a rough day "This blows." Alex says "Getting your ass kicked?" Cristina mocks "Shut up. I hear yours got a standing ovation in the E.R."