𝐼𝐼

"She wasn't just pretty. She was otherworldly and vaguely threatening."

November 6, 1943, Hogwarts.                                                                                                                           Evelyn's pov

We stopped in front of a large set of double doors, which Dumbledore pushed open. I looked around and saw many different cliques of students walking around the halls, some in green or yellow, others in red or blue.

"Most students are heading to the Great Hall for lunch," he informed me. "We will be heading up to the Headmasters office, there you will meet Armondo Dippit, your Headmaster. When you arrive you shall be sorted into your house, there are four different options that the Sorting Hat may choose for you," he told me as we made our way up to the Headmaster's.

We walk through halls and up and down many stairs before arriving at a large gargoyle looking statue, after Dumbledore said calmly, "Cockroach Clusters, " it turns around revealing a set of spiral stairs and he motions for me to go up them; following after me.

At the top of the steps lies the Headmasters office. In the middle of the circular room is a desk with an old man with white hair, a beard and mustache both in a matching color. Lining the walls are shelves, filled with various magical items and nicknacks. On the top of one of these shelves is an old looking brown hat, with the point at the top bent.

The man then stands up from his desk and reaches his hand out for me to shake. "Welcome to Hogwarts, Miss Evelyn Fowl. You will be joining in your sixth year." He then walked over to the raggedy looking hat and picked it up. "This is the sorting hat. It will sort you into your house."

The Sorting Hat then breaks out into a song about each of the four houses that I could be sorted into. The singing hat is now suddenly placed upon my head.

"Hmmm, I sense greatness, and resourcefulness, lots of ambition. There is also a need for knowledge. And revenge, yes." the Sorting Hat says, sounding as if it's voice was inside my head. "Hmm, better be, Slytherin," it said the last part out loud.

"Very well, Albus will you fetch one of the Slytherin prefects, to escort Miss Fowl along with her luggage to her dorm."

Dumbledore nods then leaves, leaving just me and the Headmaster in the room.

"This is your time table for all of your classes," he handed me a small piece of paper.

"Thank you," I replied politely.

The noise of footsteps then fills the room, letting me know that Dumbledore was back.

Then Dumbledore walks into the room, a dark haired boy accompanying him. The boy stops in front of me and Dumbledore continues to walk towards the Headmaster. Him and Dumbledore proceed whispering about something too quietly for me to hear.

"Grab your bags," the unknown boy says.

"Tom, be a gentleman and carry the girl's bags," Dumbledore tells him.

"It would be my pleasure," it sounded as if it was forced out slightly. He then waves his wand and the bags begin to float.

I put together the dots and decided that he was indeed Tom Riddle, the boy Dumbledore was talking about. Riddle then motioned towards me and proceeded to walk out of the room. I followed suit shortly behind him after bidding the adults farewell.

There were no words spoken from either of us, just lots of looks from the fellow students. The silence was becoming louder than it was before so I spoke up, "So Mr. Riddle," as soon as the words left my mouth he turned his head and his eyes were now peering into the side of my head. So I continued, "I thought you were going to be much more of a gentleman. And don't need Dumbledore to remind you."