𝒫𝓇𝑜𝓁𝑜𝑔𝓊𝑒

"Some children are simply born with tragedy in their blood"

March 13, 1934, 4 years later

Over four years of pain and suffering. The girl was broken, but she always was.

There on a cool evening, the seven year old girl sat on the rail of her balcony, staring into the eternal darkness. She wondered when she was going to get called down, to endure the same pain she got every free moment of her life. But there was no movement in the castle, for the rest of them were all at an important meeting. That left the girl alone with her thoughts.

She called for Timmy, one of the house elves. He appeared with a pop.

"Miss Evelyn, you called," Timmy squeaked in a high pitched voice.

"Yes, can you grab a glass of water? I'll be in my room."

"Timmy will go get Miss Evelyn some water."

As soon as the small creature disappeared she made a run for her closet. She dove into a pile of boxes, grabbed a small black box and shook the lid off. Showing a silver dagger with a design on the handle. She rummaged through her drawers to find her wand. Once she found it, she rushed back into her room right before there was another pop.

There Timmy was with a glass of water in his hand. The young child walked at a slow pace towards the creature, smiling ever so slightly. While holding her killing weapons behind her back.

"Timmy, brought Miss Evelyn some water," he announced in his squeaky voice.

"Thank you, Timmy," she spoke in a solemn tone, too dark to be her own. He shuddered slightly at her tone.

"Umm, Timmy will be on his-," he was cut off by the girl letting out a dark laugh.

"There will be no need for that," she circled the creature like she was hunting a prey, smirking "oh don't worry, you'll be ok." Her eyes never leaving his small body. Then she stopped right in front of the creature's back.

In that split moment she was about to rethink her decision, but the power coursing through her blood was too strong. She pulled the knife out from behind her back, dropping the wand to the floor. With that sound the elf turned around to see the girl with a dagger in her hand, before he could think or do anything.

The silver dagger was stabbed right through his heart. The shattering noise of the glass falling to the floor, leaving sharp shards of glass and water scattered around. At this moment, time seemed to slow down. Blood started to drip down onto the floor causing a pool of red. His eyes started to flutter shut as the world disappeared for him. She was oblivious to her eyes flashing golden as the house elf faded away.

She forcefully pulled the knife back out, causing the elf to fall to the floor with a soft thud. There she was, a seven year old girl who just murdered one of her several house elves. She didn't feel the slightest bit of guilt, as she walked back to the balcony, blood dripping from her finger tips, staining her white night dress.

It felt like several hours had passed since the death but the girl just stayed there, not wanting to waste another thought on the elf. The sound of voices chattering filled the huge house.

She should have started to panic right then and there, but she didn't. A part of her almost wanted them to know it was her. It was not too long before the noise of footsteps were heard, slowly getting louder. The knock was shrill to her ears, making her flinch the slightest.