𝒫𝓇𝑒𝒻𝒶𝒸𝑒

"Was it all a lie"

The story begins 784,453 years ago, where the daughter of the royal family by the of name Amelia Ivy-Fowl. Met a young man who had the looks of a god, turns out he was one. His name was never told, so it remains a mystery. Amelia had twins with this untold god, one Atlas the other Seth. Atlas possessed the power of light and hope, while Seth had the power of darkness and despair. These two, were to keep the legacy of their family going. The two male successions got married later on in life and split their family name into two. Ivy and Fowl. As time went on, the two sides of the throne started to envy each other's power. Causing fights between them.

1927

It was the 13th of November and Evelyn Fowl was just born. But she was different from the rest. She still had the same dark brunette locks of hair, but her eyes were bright emerald green unlike the others.

November 13, 1930

It was her 3rd birthday, and little did she know her parents had a big surprise for her. She ran into her older brother, Noah's room and her arms shot up to show her want for being picked up into the older siblings arms and said "Uppie!" He smiled down at his younger sister, sliding off his bed to pick her up and swing her in the air, enjoying their last good time together.

"Evelyn, Noah," their mother called to them.

He put her down and reached out for her small hand. Moving his index finger towards her small hand so she could grab ahold of it. "Come on Evie."

The little girl held on to her brother's finger, as they walked through the large halls to the foyer. Where all of her other siblings were standing in a half circle surrounding a round table covered with wrapped gifts, with lots of different shapes and sizes, all for the frail girl. She looked around the room in awe, for everything that she thought would be hers to enjoy for the years to come.

Her mother ran up to her and embraced her, wrapping her arms tightly around her youngest child. Telling her to go and pick something from the pile to open. She grabbed a thin black box with a big silver bow, and untied it not so gracefully, she lifted the box's lid off of it and threw the black tissue paper at one of her siblings letting them take care of it for her.

She peeked into the box and saw what to her looked like a weirdly fancy stick, that was white in color, she picked the wand and waved it around aimlessly not thinking that would do any harm, yet when she did, all of her siblings and her parents yelled at her to stop. Evelyn's Father took the wand out of her hand and Evie started to wail on the floor, mad that he had the nerve to take her fancy white stick. He reprimanded her for crying and just gave the child another box to open.

When the day was over and the sun was now out of sight, her parents entered her room with smiles painted on their faces. "We both love you very much, our sweet little girl," her mother cooed into her daughter's ear. She smiled back at her mother and enjoyed a happy moment with her mom who cared so much about her. But the young girl was oblivious to the lie right in front of her face, swinging back and forth like a pendulum, taunting her as she fell into a deep slumber.

November 27, 1930, 2 weeks later

The new three year old was in her room, laying stomach first on the floor, with a fancy feathered quill in her hand and paper scattered all around her, with the feathered writing device she scribbled a "masterpiece" on the paper in front of her. When she stood up and looked at the art piece of her parents, she muttered a "wow," and picked it up to go show the two adults.

As she waddled down the hall to her parents room she heard what sounded like screaming, so she ran into their room excitedly screaming "AHHHHHHHH!" When she looked up and saw her parents and stopped in her place, dropping the art she held to the floor.

The adults just continued their bickering as she just stared at her parents. Her mother yelled at her husband, "Why did you give her that stupid wand? She's three! She can barely talk. How would she know how to use the wand?"

"Cassandra, you know exactly why I did. It's hers now, it belongs to her."

"Edward, she'll use it against us."

"She may, but that doesn't change the fact that it's her's," he added.

"Can we just do it already?"

"Fine," with that final word he turned around to leave but stopped short when he looked down to face the child that they were just arguing about.

"Sweetheart, let's go downstairs for lunch," her mom cooed a bit too sweetly. The tiny girl nodded and reached for her mother's hand, wrapping her small fingers around her hand.

She skipped down the stairs happily, then walked into the foyer, expecting food, but instead they were all standing in a similar circle to the one on her third birthday. Though there was no table this time, just a single chair with worn out leather and scratches along the edges. They weren't smiling, they looked petrifying, each holding their own fancy sticks that were actually wands used for magic. Even though the girl was only three, she felt as if something was off. Maybe it was the power running in her veins or a gut feeling inside of her.

She was waiting for someone to speak, to talk, to say something, but there was nothing. Only the sound of the wind against the walls of the impressive castle. Then there was the noise of clanking footsteps coming closer. Her father appeared with his wand in hand, and the girl squinted her eyes in confusion, not understanding what the fancy sticks were, or what they were for.

"Love, why don't you sit down in the chair," her mother said in a way she had never heard before. She shook her head, saying no.

Her father let out a low dark chuckle. "Listen to her, Evelyn," her father warned.

The warning was supposed to make her listen but she just ran out of the room as fast as her little legs could go. The small child stopped for a moment to catch her breath, but saw they were starting to follow her. She tried to think of her choices but stopped when a hand wrapped tightly around her small wrists. She looked up at who grabbed her and saw the eyes of the brother she loved, Noah. Anger rushed through the blood of the twelve year old, 'how dare they do it this soon.' He knew it was going to happen, just didn't know when.

"Come on, Evie," he said to his younger sibling. He knew what he had to do, but her trust for him was the most important thing to keep. He held on to her hand tighter and pulled her down another hallway. Her little hand started to sweat, and slipped out of his reach. He tried to grab her again but their father got her first, the older man sent a deadly glare at his son.

There she was in the arms of the father she loved, screaming at the top of her lungs to try and get help. Her father carried the screaming girl in his arms back to the foyer and set her down in the chair. The girl gave up on screaming, knowing it wouldn't change what was about to happen. Ropes were thrown around her body, tying her down to the chair.

Her eyes flooded with tears as she looked up at the people she thought loved and cared for her. But she was wrong, none of them loved her, it was all just an act to hide the truth. Her father brought his wand to her face and waved it. The unknown spell hit her and pain rushed all over her body. She screamed, "ahhh" as the pain continued and tears continued to steam down her cheeks. To her it felt like hours before the pain slowly went away and her body fell limp in the chair.

Her father got up and walked away from the girl, leaving the youngest child in pain. She watched with tears as they all slowly left, leaving her all by herself tied to a chair. The lights turned off moments later, leaving a small glow from a candle on the table as the little girl's world slowly faded to black.

Little did she know that this wasn't going to be a one time thing, but something that would happen all the time. 

A/n:

Wordcount - 1527

Hi. This is the first part of Evelyn's background, there will be one more before we start the story. Hope you enjoy! <3