𝗡𝗶𝗻𝗲

"𝗧𝗼𝗱𝗮𝘆 𝗜 𝗺𝗶𝘀𝘀 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗮 𝗹𝗶𝘁𝘁𝗹𝗲 𝗺𝗼𝗿𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝗻 𝘆𝗲𝘀𝘁𝗲𝗿𝗱𝗮𝘆"
-𝗚𝗲𝗺𝗺𝗮 𝗧𝗿𝗼𝘆

-----

𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗡𝗶𝗻𝗲 - 𝗕𝗮𝗯𝘆𝘀𝗶𝘁𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗗𝘂𝘁𝘆

It was another day at the bau and Valentina was in Hotch's office having a conversation of some sort with him while Spencer went go get himself some coffee. He frowned when he saw a little girl, no older than five running out of the elevator.

"Ehh, guys!" He shouted getting the attention of Derek, JJ and Emily.

"Yeah, what's up pretty boy?" Derek smirked before his eyes also landed on the little girl "I'm gonna go get Hotch"

While Derek went to Hotch's office, JJ walked over to the child before bending down to her height "Hey, sweetie. What's your name?"

"Gabriella"

JJ smiled "That's a pretty name. Is your mommy or daddy here?" And Gabriella nodded.

"Yeah-" The girl got cut off when Valentina and Hotch walked out of his office "Gabby?" Val frowned "What are you doing here?"

"Vee!" Gabriella was quick to run over and into Val's arm "Daddy told me to come up here and find you while he went to the toilet"

"Did he now?" It wasn't long before the elevator doors opened again and in stepped Micheal, Noah's dad. Val smiled "Speak of the devil"

"I'm so sorry for not calling Valentina, it's just me and Sarah both have work today and Gabriella doesn't feel well but we can't take any time off to stay with her and I just thought-" Hotch had nicely given the two his office so they could speak in private.

Valentina cut his rambling short "Micheal, it's fine really. Ya know I love Gabby" She smiled looking through the office window to see Spencer showing Gabriella a magic trick "And she seems to be warming up to the team pretty well so go to work, she's in safe hands here"

"Thank you Val, me and Sarah really appreciate this" Valentina smiled and gave him a quick hug before they left the office and Gabriella came over to say bye to her dad.

"So who's that?" Derek asked her "Do you have a kid we don't know about?"

She chuckled and shook her head "You all remember Corporal Wood right? From the night at the bar" The team nodded "Well that's his little sister and I'm now on babysitting duty"

tThey didn't have case and it was only paper work that needed doing so Gabriella was now on Valentina's lap asleep with her head on her chest.

"Hey, do you want a coffee?" Spencer whispered, careful not to wake up Gabby.

Val nodded "Yeah. Thanks Spencer" Putting her pen down and wrapping her hands around the warm cup "So how are you?" She asked, referring to what happened with Tobias.

Spencer shrugged "I'm okay. I'm just taking it one day at a time"

Valentina nodded, she didn't want to push him even though she had her suspicions of why he's been acting weird ever since his kidnapping but he was her coworker, her friend. Like a brother almost so she knew she couldn't profile him. Firstly, because it would be an invasion of his privacy but most of all, she just didn't want her assumption to be right.