𝗘𝗹𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻

"𝗖𝗿𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗱𝗼𝗲𝘀 𝗻𝗼𝘁 𝗶𝗻𝗱𝗶𝗰𝗮𝘁𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝘄𝗲𝗮𝗸. 𝗦𝗶𝗻𝗰𝗲 𝗯𝗶𝗿𝘁𝗵, 𝗶𝘁 𝗵𝗮𝘀 𝗮𝗹𝘄𝗮𝘆𝘀 𝗯𝗲𝗲𝗻 𝗮 𝘀𝗶𝗴𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝗮𝗹𝗶𝘃𝗲"
-𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗿𝗹𝗼𝘁𝘁𝗲 𝗕𝗿𝗼𝗻𝘁𝗲

-----

𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗘𝗹𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻 - 𝗦𝗼𝘂𝗹𝗺𝗮𝘁𝗲𝘀

"Gideon. They didn't wait, man!" Derek informed Jason while Valentina was comforting a sobbing Natalya in the bathroom. Or so he thought.

"What?"

"They didn't wait until noon!" Derek quietly yelled.

Gideon frowned in confusion "What are you talking about?"

"I was upstairs but Val said a kid just came to the door and he had. . .they cut off Mr Chernus's ear" Derek explained with a sigh.

"What the. We've got more than an hour left" Gideon realised.

"They had the kid deliver it in a box with a handwritten note. And it says, we now want £500,00 and you have until 1:00" None of this made any sense to the two agents.

"They raised the ransom. Why? Why?" Gideon asked himself more than Derek.

"Well, it also says, Say hello to the FBI" Derek added on, something else to make the situation worse "What do you want us to do?"

Gideon sighed, rubbing his forehead "Let Hotch know what happened. Where's Natalya?"

"In the bathroom. She's hysterical but she seemed better with Val there" Derek smiled slightly "Hotch was right, she is the comforting type"

"Well you let her know that we're going to bring her father back home" Gideon said adamantly but Derek was still unsure.

"Are we?"

"Yes" And that was it before he hung up. Leaving Derek to pace up and down for a few seconds before walking to the bathroom.

"Nat! Natalya!" Valentina was banging loudly on the bathroom door yet got not response "Open the door"

"Hey, what's going on?" Derek jogged over as he furrowed his eyebrows.

"I went to get her a glass of water and when I came back she locked me out" Val sighed "Now she won't open the door" She banged on the door and called her name again before she realised something and then the noise of a car starting, made Derek and Val's ears perk up.

"Shit, Derek! There's another door in the bathroom" The two agents ran outside and down the steps but they were too late as they watched Natalya drive away in a cloud of smoke.

Valentina let out a string of curse words before taking the keys for the suv out of Derek's pocket and quickly making her way over to the drivers side door. Derek was quick to follow as he got into the passenger seat and he didn't even make it to putting his seatbelt on fully when Val was already driving down the road.

"Take it easy, Val. We work by the law remember" Derek grabbed the roof handle tightly as the suv took another sharp turn to the right "No but seriously, you're going above the speed limit. Slow down"