𝗙𝗶𝘃𝗲

"𝗔𝗹𝗹 𝗶𝘀 𝘄𝗲𝗹𝗹 𝗶𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘄𝗼𝗿𝗹𝗱"
-𝗘𝗹𝘃𝗶𝘀 𝗛𝗮𝗿𝘁𝗲

-----

𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗙𝗶𝘃𝗲 - 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗖𝗲𝗺𝗲𝘁𝗲𝗿𝘆

The next morning JJ, Emily and Valentina went to the contact she had found. They needed something, anything to make sure they got Spencer back alive.

Valentina had her earpods in again as she quietly hummed to the music.

"Tobias Hankel. I haven't thought about that boy in probably ten years" The old man said.

"So you two were in a program together?" Valentina asked him.

"He should tell you but yeah, I was his sponsor. Small town. We all lumped together. Me, I was a drunk, but Tobias, he was a whole different sort of animal"

"So, what was Tobias's drug of choice?" Emily asked.

"Dilaudid" He replied.

Valentina internally winced "Drugstore Heroin" She stated.

"He used to cut it with a psychedelic. That boy was looking to escape as far from reality as he could get. Addicts don't get excuses, but if someone ever needed to self-medicate, it was that boy"

"Why is that?" JJ asked.

"You know anything about his daddy?" The man asked "We think Tobias Hankle may have murdered his father" Valentina revealed.

"Good for him" The three women all shared a look, not expecting that reaction from him "You know, Tobias's mama ran off with another man when he was seven. His dad went section-eight, started preaching about sin, end of the world stuff. He beat Tobias silly. He burned a cross in his forehead when Tobias was ten. If Tobias wore a hat, he beat him more"

"Jesus" Val muttered.

"Is there anyone Tobias would turn to if he were on the run?" Emily asked.

"As far as I know, he never left home. You know, honestly, between his habit and the old man, I'm amazed he's still alive"

-----

"Any luck with the rehab contact?" Gideon asked as the three agents walked into the house.

"I don't know if I'd call it luck, he had no idea where Hankle might be. But we did learn that he has a serious drug problem with Dilaudid" Valentina told them.

"Well, that could explain the psychotic fracture" Hotch stated and JJ frowned "What are you talking about?"

"Tobias is living as three different people. Himself, his father and Raphael" Gideon spoke when a police officer entered the room.

"Well, this could be some bad news. A computer store was robbed in the middle of the night. A suburb outside of Atlanta. Thief got away with four laptops, external hard drives and a satellite"

"If it's Tobias, this puts him right back in business" Hotch stated with a sigh.

"Guys! Guys, get in here!" Morgan called out and the team were quick to come. Only to see Spencer Reid sat in a chair, bloody and beaten.