Chapter 3

Ever since Cale's first lesson of swimming, he had quickly grasped the basics and is a good swimmer now. He had also come to love swimming, thanks to Jung Soo, and almost everyday the redhead would swim with the merman. Whenever he drop himself onto the pool, the merman would always beam at him with excitement. Cale loved that gaze, his chest blooms with warmth everytime he sees it.

Jung Soo loves it when Cale drops down to the pool to swim with him, he missed the feeling of swimming with others, especially with his family. But when he taught Cale how to swim, he felt whole again, even though Cale is not a merfolk, Jung Soo felt a sense of kinship with him... or even more than that.

The two had always enjoyed their presence, everyday, every second.

As usual, Cale is walking towards Jung Soo's room, bring along a paper bag that contains his swimwear. Many workers are avoiding him due to fear and they have disdainful stares as well. On the outside, his face shows a stoic frown, on the inside, it's the exact opposite. He ignored all their stares and continued walking, the only thing he looks forward to is seeing Jung Soo.

As he entered the merman's room, he was greeted by Ellis.

"Ah! Good Morning, Mr. Henituse."

Cale plainly hummed in response, the brown-haired scientist nodded at the redhead. Normally Ellis would feel intimidated at Cale but after... ahem... accidently stumbling upon his and Jung Soo's relationship and how soft he had become, Ellis had turned over a new leaf. He had once believed the rumours and he is ashamed of himself for it, this time, he'll stop judging people based on appearance, background or rumours, instead, he'll believe in the person on the inside. Ellis eyed the paper bag and asked.

"Are you going to swim again, Mr. Henituse?"

The redhead snorted.

"What are you going to do about it?"

The brown-haired scientist didn't react to Cale's rude way of talking. Instead, he smiled, the latter flinched.

'What the hell...? Shouldn't you be afraid of me?'

Cale looked at Ellis weirdly, the latter didn't noticed it because he was nodding to himself before continuing.

"Mr. Henituse, I'll keep your ongoing relationship a secret!"

"Huh...?"

The brown-haired scientist made a proud expression, making Cale even more confuse. Ellis then bid the redhead a farewell, the latter only stood there with a dumbfounded expression.

'What bullshit is he spouting?'

Cale did not understand what the scientist just spouted, he shook his head and changed into his swimwear. He went outside of the small observation room then into the merman's pool room and was greeted by Jung Soo.

"Mornin' Cale-ya!"

The redhead only smiled in response, he then took a running start and made a big leap onto the pool.

Splash!

A big splash was made, Cale emerged from the waters and swam towards Jung Soo.

"That was extra of you, Cale-ya."

"Thanks for the compliment."

Jung Soo chuckled at Cale's response, the two then started conversing about random, fun, stupid, and about themselves. The room was filled with their voices, no one was there to interrupt them. It was very comfortable and enjoyable for them.

"By the way, Cale-ya."

"Hm?"

The redhead looked away from his phone and his gaze went to Jung Soo, who is staring at him while casually floating.