Chapter 2

Ellis, a competent worker and a level-headed man. He was someone who is very likeable in Way of Life and highly respected amongst the new workers for being patient with them... well, except one particular new worker.

Cale Henituse. The infamous trash who causes a ruckus at every bar he goes to. The trash who smashes wine bottles and would throw it towards others. The trash who would not hesitate to harm people. The trash who silenced people with money...!

...Well, that was what he thought at first.

A week had gone by since the infamous trash had worked in Way of Life, and Ellis has noticed a couple of changes regarding Cale, especially the part where he accidently saw the... bucket pushing incident.

One time, he entered the merman's room and saw Cale laying on his back tapping away on his phone without a care in the world. Ellis' gaze then went to the merman, who has a tablet and is very carefree as well, and gaped in disbelief. Since when did Jung Soo got his hands on a tablet!?

Another time, he saw Cale threw an apple towards the pool and Jung Soo jumped out of the water to catch it. The merman then ate the apple with sparks in it's eyes. Ellis, at that time, was in utter disbelief. When did Jung Soo had the chance to eat an apple!? Ellis could only think that Cale was the one who did it... The scientist doesn't know whether it was intentional or not...

And for the last time, he saw that Cale, the wine bottle thrower, troublemaker and trash, was laughing cheerfully along with Jung Soo. Ellis didn't know that the trash could ever make such a face, he had come to a conclusion that the merman had changed the redhead.

So in some days, when Ellis would come to talk to Cale regarding about the mermaid. He noticed that the redhead would furrow his brows slightly in worry, and would ask the scientist about Jung Soo, while maintaining his annoyed tone and expression. As if to mask his worry.

This made Ellis wonder. If Cale is acting like his true self around the merman, why would he try to hide it? Is it because he's insecure about others finding out his true self? Or is he trying maintain his reputation, which is being a trash. If so... why?

Ellis doesn't know, but he learned something valuable, and that is Cale being atleast approachable.

_____

A typical and usual day is ongoing within the mermaid's room.

Cale and Jung Soo are currently munching on a sweet delicacy from japan called 'Mochi'. The merman got addicted to the taste and nearly ate his 10th one, until Cale stopped Jung Soo from taking more. He's getting worried that the merman might get a tooth ache or cavity.

This led Jung Soo to give him the puppy doe eyes, the redhead blankly stared at the merman on the outside, while on the inside, Cale is trying to maintain his composure whilst failing at it. Seriously, what kind of handsome merman has this ability?

The redhead stood his ground and shook his head, as if to say no. The merman sulked, but he recovered quickly and then asked a question.

"Hey Cale-ya? Do humans swim?"

The redhead tossed a mochi into his mouth, he responded whilst chewing.

"Yup, some can while some don't."

Jung Soo nodded slowly and asked another question.

"Then, can you swim?"

"Nope, I don't know how."

Cale casually responded while Jung Soo hummed, an idea made it's way up to the merman's head.

"Then! Wanna learn!?"