𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈.

— 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐓𝐀𝐋𝐊

— 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐓𝐀𝐋𝐊.

Her eyes wandered up the figures face, on alert and confused. The sudden appearance was one she wasn't expecting, but nonetheless, she bid the other a greeting before motioning for the two to sit down.

They moved in, nodding their head in a silent thank you as they sat down on the other end of the fire. With a sigh, their hands came to rub at their face before they locked eyes. "Are you alright?"

"I don't know."

They chuckled, amused at how quickly she replied before they asked again, this time in a different tone. "Are you.. really okay."

"I'm mad. Everything is just going wrong." Her eyebrows furrowed in concentration as she gently spun the cup of fire water around, the small tornado forming inside the cup had her lightly smile. "Everything is out of my control and it makes me feel useless."

Tsu'tey gave the other a small nod of understanding, not saying much as he let her continue talking, feeling that she had more to say than just thought few words.

"I know you are probably here to get me to forgive him, you two are friends. He lived amongst your clan for years, I just can't." She couldn't make eye contact with the warrior, ashamed that her dearest friend would see her in such a state of mind.

She was strong, she could take care of her own and more. She was independent and able to do more than the strongest warrior of her clan, hunt the best, claim the mightiest of creatures, but everything was going wrong and it made her feel weak.

"Do you ever hate him." She asked, a curious, yet, sad tone. "Do you ever hate that he ruined your home? Ruined your life? Do you ever hate that."

Tsu'tey took a moment to reply. He never had hate in his heart, he had moments of strong anger towards Jake as the people he came from harmed and hunted the girl he loved, bled their lands with their dark souls—but he never thought about hating Jake.

"No, I don't think I ever felt hate towards him. I think, at the time, I hated that I couldn't hate him. He brought the clans together to attack the people who was going to hurt us. I learned to see beyond my sadness."

His words struck her deeply. She was angry at her father—not Jake. Angry at her father who would ask a grieving father to do such a thing, angry at the world for allowing it. She was angry at Jake for accepting it, but she understood.

"Do you think he is a good man?" Her eyes finally met his. The two shared a look before he chuckled.

"Yes. I think he is good, especially for you, (Y/N). Don't be so hard on yourself." Tsu'tey gave her a hard, but comforting looking. "Now I will tell you to go and talk to him."

She hesitated, downing the last bit of her fire water before she stood and nodded. "If this backfires, I'm blaming you."

"Or when you two end up with a c-"

"Good bye, Tsu'tey." She said quickly, moving with a blush on her face.

Walking down the spiraling pathway, his words played through her head. 'A good man.. especially for you.'

Walking closer to the Sullys home, she popped her head in and saw a empty room. "Jake?" She whispered. "Jake?"

Sticking her head out and eyes roaming, she stopped a nearby hunter. "Jake, where is Jake?"

"Princess, he left with the hunting party, your brothers as well."