Part 11 - Memorial

Floyd reached a hand back behind him, catching the top door of the hanger as he struggled to hold on with every ounce of strength. "Gunny, Door!"

"Im trying!" The Spartan III was desperately going through the console, until he finally found the door control. "Alright it's shutting!"

The door, rather than shutting normally, FELL from its hinges onto each other and locked together, shutting... Kinda. Floyd fell from the door and onto the hanger floor as they flew away, nearing the portal.

The Forward Unto Dawn had plotted a course to earth.... But the Jump was a good distance away. And with them being dragged.... Only the front half of the ship made it. The ships was torn in half, and the front half blew through to earth, leaving the second half as it began to spin through space, slowly.

The Next Day.....

Arbiter and Lord Hood stood atop the memorial. A memorial to the Human covenant war. And atop it.... A Spartan II. Wearing MK VI armor. And below it.... The names of everyone lost in the conflict. The first 3 names?

Spartan John 117 - The Master Chief
Spartan Floyd 181
Sergeant Major Avery Johnson

According to the public story, they all died in combat on the ring, bravely. But Arbiter knew the truth. Oni got to him. Made him cover it all up because revealing that the Chief died but someone else survived would tarnish the morality of his legend. The motivation people got... Gone forever. So he stuck with the lie... And went through the funeral, without his Dignity for the first time in his honorable life....

Gunny went past the S2 "so.... What now? We stuck out here?"

"No. We wait." Floyd floated over to the Cryo Pods, inserting Jen into a console.

Jen appeared "so... Now what?"

Floyd pointed to a pod, as Gunny nodded. "See you on the other side, big Green."

Floyd nodded and looked at Jen. "We wait for rescue. Put out a rescue signal on loop."

"Alright but because we lost the half of the ship with the antenna, it can only make it in very short ranges... "

"That Is why we wait." He floated over to a pod himself, laying in it. "Wake me.... When you need me."

"Goodnight Floyd...." Jen nodded, sitting down.

"Goodnight...." And as Floyd laid back.... He slowly drifted away.... Into a form of hyper sleep.