Chapter 38 Happy Death Day

After the interrogation between Izuku and the president has come to an end. She immediately called everyone who knows about the case, from the entire UA staff, All Might, Viridian Storm, Endeavour and his wife, Gran Torino, Nighteye and his sidekicks, Detective Tsukauchi, the police chief, and a few higher-ups from the HPSC to meet at the conference room in the police station.

The atmosphere in the conference room wasn't pleasant and felt like they were standing at a funeral instead. None of them could believe the information that they just received on their way here. Izuku Yagi who's the son of All Might and Viridian Storm, the number one and number sixteen hero that was pronounced dead a year ago is actually alive and just killed the Symbol of Evil in front of a live camera for thousands of people to see.

Toshinori is sitting on a chair trying to collect himself after his sudden fainting with his wife is on his side trying to calm him. Gran Torino is standing on the side of the wall with a dreadful expression and stayed silent since the interrogation has started. Almost everyone in the room didn't feel that this conversation is gonna be pleasant.

Then after the president had entered the room, she began to address the situation.

"Madam president, what's happening?" the chief asked with a firm tone.

She took a moment before explaining it.

"It has come to our attention that Mr. Izuku had demanded a few certain things in exchange for not leaking top secret information that threatens this nation's security." almost everyone's jaw nearly dropped hearing that.

"What?" all of them shouted.

"My son would never threaten anyone." Toshinori declared loudly.

"Madam president, you can't possibly consider this. We're not following a demand from a terrorist." the man in the black suit from HPSC looking at her thinking that she's gone mental.

"Right now our nation's safety is already jeopardized, and as much as I hate to admit it. We need to consider taking this deal in order to find a civil way to solve this matter," she said while closing her eyes and accepting the situation.

Then while everyone is still in a state of shock, Inko walks towards her trying to ask the question that's dreading in her mind.

"Madam president.... is it true that he's my son? Please, I need to know. Is it true that he's my son or not?" Inko asked while bawling her eyes.

"We've already confirmed this from three different DNA tests, and turns out it's true. I'm sorry, but the man sitting in there is truly Izuku Yagi," she confirmed while nodding her head.

And quickly Inko started to lose her strength and her knee began to shake. Her son is alive. She couldn't believe that it was true. She's been praying to god every day hoping that her son would be happy and to think that he's here. She needs to see him, she needs to say to him that she's sorry for failing as a mother and hoped to get his forgiveness.

"Where is he? I need to talk to him." Inko tried to rush towards the door.

"You do that and you're coming out in an urn," Aizawa said quietly only for Midnight to hear.

"No, right now he's still in the interrogation room and no one is allowed to go there," she said in a firm tone.

"Ma'am please, that's my son and I need to see him. As his parents, we had the rights." Toshinori added.

"Are you sure Toshinori?" Nezu asked.

Toshinori and Inko turned their head respectively looking at the principal who was standing near Aizawa.