Chapter 37 Deal With The Devil

Toshinori stood in the middle of the room while staring at his son who just asked him the same question that he asked a year ago. And just like last time, he couldn't provide the answer that he wanted to hear. The wielder of One For All took a moment took to think of what his son had just spoken and he felt that he already let his son down for a long time and simply he just refused to face the harsh reality.

His wife came and grabbed his shoulder while calling out his name over and over again but he simply didn't respond as his mind was in a different place than his body. His hand was shaking as he stood by looking in the mirror with his eyes as wide as fish. Tears spilled from his eyes as he kept muttering the word sorry repeatedly.

He keeps repeating the word while thinking that everything that's happening to his son is all because of him. If he simply just be a better father and treat him right then none of this would have happened. He's the reason why his son has become this.

Then suddenly Toshinori lost his balance, and his body dropped like a doll without a string attached. And quickly he fainted because of the stress that was building inside his head.

.

.

.

.

Izuku stared at the window with his fist still on the window while looking at the reflection of his face, but on the other side of the window, all of them were looking scared. The silence and the stillness of the interrogation room were broken only by the occasional ticking sound of a clock. If their surroundings could have reflected the feelings inside Izuku, the pictures would have been screaming in pain and painted with darkness.

Aizawa who saw Izuku's sudden outburst began to grab Izuku's shoulder. He guided him back to his chair while handing him a glass of water, which he took aggressively. Normally Aizawa wouldn't allow that kind of behavior passed him but considering that Izuku just easily break the handcuff that was supposed to restrain his quirk makes he thinks about his next words carefully.

Tsukauchi was grateful that Aizawa decided to join in on this interrogation because he doubted he could handle the amount of pressure and stress in this room.

"Good, now that we are finally back on track, can you tell us what happened? How are you still alive?" Tsukauchi asked while continuing with the interrogation not knowing what happened on the other side of the room.

Izuku took a moment before answering his question.

"A devil came towards me." he simply replied.

Both Tsukauchi and Aizawa looked at him thinking that he was already gone mentally crazy.

"A devil? Is this some sort of hallucination under your subconscious or-" Tsukauchi asked thinking that he was lying but his quirk is telling the truth.

"Oh, I could assure you. He's real. Along with the big man upstairs." Izuku said firmly. "The concept of god, devil, archangel, demon, hell, heaven. It's all real. It's just hidden from plain sight."

"I got lucky, someone was looking out for me that day. He offered me a deal in exchange I got my flesh and blood including some power. And I must admit, the fringe benefit was most enjoyable." he said.

"What is this deal you talking about?" Aizawa asked.

"Can't answer that," Izuku replied.

"Izuku-" Aizawa said but he got interrupted.

"I can't say the terms of the deal even if I want to. It's best if we leave it." he hinted to both of them to just drop the matter.

Then Tsukauchi spoke, in a trembling, would be calm sort of voice, as though trying to will Izuku to talk sensibly.