The New Leviathan

Curiosity stood there in shock, covered in the golden blood of her employer, thousands of lost souls flying around and taking whatever bits of flesh they could find to create a physical form. Elliot just shook his head and wondered how, and more importantly, why, Curiosity had bested the God of Flesh.

"Simple," she said.

"What?" Elliot responded.

"It's all in the box"

"What does that mean?"

"The box." Curiosity held up her LeMarchand cube, which was shifting into that of two converging pyramids. "Whenever one is solved, Leviathan temporarily weakens. If I hit him then, it will cause damage. If I do that enough, he will eventually be destroyed."

"And you know this how?"

She shrugged "I think I saw it in a book or something."

"Second question... why?"

"He was a prick"

"He was a GOD. Do you know what you just did?" Elliot snapped. "When will you learn THAT YOUR ACTIONS HAVE CONSEQUENCES?!"

Curiosity just smiled.

"You know... with the power vacuum left in his absence..."

"You wouldn't"

"Oh but I would!"

"Don't you da-"

But it was too late. The dream demon had already clambered onto the large golden throne, her leather tunic turning to a brown tuxedo with gold detailing. A golden crown rested atop her head and her wrought iron shackles had turned to gold.

"What. The. Fuck."