A Dreambite's Lament [Configuration]

[part two of Curiosity's Genesis]

Curiosity sighed. She had been a Dreambite for almost six months, and nothing had happened. Yes, a few people opened the boxes, but that was all. Suddenly, the Dreambite remembered something, no, someone. An old friend of Pinhead's, the Candyman, a vengeful spirit that seeks revenge on the people that killed him, and anyone that called out his name. Curiosity smiled: this was perfect.

Curiosity had read up on how to summon him, but she still needed to obtain the materials. Candles, check; mirror, check; welp, that's it. So what was stopping her? Chatterer's incessant noise? No. The endless amount of victims to torture? Maybe. Her burgeoning crush on the Hell Priest? Probably. The fact that it was never quite dark enough? Definitely. She needed to go to the surface.

To go to the surface without a preselected target, she would need Leviathan's permission, which would be hard to get for something as trivial as this. But then, she wasn't fully a Cenobite, so she wasn't fully under Leviathan's nonexistent thumb. She could probably leave without his blessing. Heck, she didn't need it at all. She was going and that was final. But how? The only way she knew was to be summoned by the Lament Configuration. But that would be impossible for her, as she hadn't bonded with the box yet. The Dreambite was pacing around her quarters trying to hatch a plan when she heard a knock on her door. She jumped, startled, and fell nine feet to the ground below. Curiosity looked around, bewildered. Everything towered over her. She looked down at her paws. Wait... paws? She jumped onto her vanity and looked in the mirror. What she saw nearly made her fall off."Why am I so small and fluffy?" she mumbled to herself. At that exact moment, Pinhead remembered he had the key to Curiosity's room, and opened the door."Curiosity?" He searched throughout the room for the seemingly elusive hybrid. His eyes wandered to the Dreambite's vanity and saw a bright purple Ragdoll cat staring back at him. "What happened here?" Pinhead questioned. Curiosity tried to speak, but all that came out was a meow. She jumped onto the stool that sat in front of the vanity, then onto the floor below. She trotted up to the pale cenobite and tilted her head.