Scott eyed Yelena as she backed away from them slightly sensing a fight "How has your life been since you met Derek." He whispered sarcastically to her, but they all heard him anyway.

Yelena glanced over at Derek before turning her back to all of them as Scott scowled at Derek.

"Okay, hold on. This isn't exactly a fair fight."

Derek grinned "Then go home, Scott." He nodded to his betas as they made their way over to Scott for a fight.

Yelena turned back around to face Derek and sent him a look that meant really. She was exasperated as she walked back over and stepped in front of Scott.

"Enough, this isn't happening. It's a school night, go home." She said taunting the teenagers, hoping it would give Derek incentive to stop them.

When Issac and Erica still seemed to keep coming it was Scott that pushed Yelena out of the way as he growled and punched the ice. It crackled as Scott stood back in werewolf form and began growling

"I meant fair for them."

The three teens fought as Scott threw them across the ice. Boyd had a look of boredom on his face and Yelena seemed to wear the same one at the sight of them fighting, Derek however seemed amused. The sound of their claws scraping on the ice was enough to make Yelena cringe. Yelena decided she couldn't take it anymore as she walked around their fight to get off the rink, only to be pulled back by Erica. Even though she was stronger Yelena still yanked her by the hair and pulled her to face her.

"I really wouldn't do that if I was you, barbie." She spat as Erica attempted to claw at her skin.

Erica's eyes grew angry as she went to shove Yelena.

"Erica!" Derek shouted in a warning but it didn't matter because Scott pulled her back and threw her to the other end of the rink.

Derek pulled Yelena back as she attempted to leave "Get off!" She snapped.

"I wouldn't have let her hurt you." He told her quietly.

"I don't care. I'm not here for this." She told him pulling out of his grip just as they stopped fighting.

"Don't you get it? He's not doing this for you. He's just adding to his own power, okay? It's all about him. He makes you feel like he's giving you some kind of gift when all he's done is turn you into a bunch of guard dogs!" Scott exclaimed as Issac attempted to get back up.

Derek wore an arrogant expression, which even still gave Yelena butterflies, what was it about him? She thought to herself

"It's true. It is about power." Yelena watched as Derek's eyes went from his betas at his feet to his claws as he pulled them out and flashed his eyes red.

"Derek! Don't!" She snapped trying to stop him as he went into werewolf form.

"Stop!" Yelena called out again, running towards them when Scott began to fight back.

When neither of them listened, she ran over to the Zamboni and pulled a confused boyd off. The two werewolves didn't even hear it coming back on as Scott began to spit blood, Yelena cursed as she tried to get it in gear, It was just as Scott managed to hit Derek back that Yelena rode the Zamboni over to them, knocking them both to the ice.

"Enough! It's done!" She shouted as she climbed down.

Out of all of them, Boyd looked most impressed with Yelena than he had with the rest of the werewolves. Derek came back to a stand but when Yelena pushed him back by his chest he nodded and backed away to his betas as she went to Scott's side to check him over

"Don't." Scott coughed out as Yelena helped him sit "You don't wanna be like them."

"You're right." Boyd replied, lifting his shirt to reveal that he'd already been bitten "I wanna be like you." He told Scott before following Derek and the betas.

Yelena fought off the urge to scream as she checked Scott's injuries.

"So are you going to answer my question" he spluttered

Yelena raised her eyebrow at him annoyed "Not now Scott-"

"No, now."

"No! It's none of your business, I will speak to Derek about it later, right now I care about you, do you want me to call Deaton?"

Scott nodded as Yelena supported his weight out of the rink, "Where did you learn to drive a Zamboni?" Scott asked making Yelena laugh.

"Instinct."

••••••••

Yelena had left Scott in Deaton's hands and headed home, she pulled into her driveway and just sat there for a few minutes, she closed her eyes and leaned back against the headrest in her truck. This was the second time that Derek had put her in a position where she'd have to choose between him and Scott and it was hard to keep defending his actions. After sitting there for about twenty minutes she looked down and checked her phone, rolling her eyes when she saw who was messaging her.

Len call me

I did what I had to do

This doesn't change anything

Yelena was scrolling through her texts from Derek ignoring each one of them, she had nothing to say, just as she put her phone down it began to ring.

"Dad?" She frowned at the sound of his frantic voice

"It's Stiles-"