𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑵𝒊𝒏𝒆𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏

"Are you out of your mind? Not, I'm not going to follow through with such a mindless plan!" 

You declare worriedly, after hearing Winter's plan of escaping from this place.

"Stop worrying, I'm trying to help you and Teddy to have a better life"

Winter says, feeling spiteful at your objection to the whole idea, believing that you haven't thought about it enough.

"Oh really, the world outside is not safe anymore, how is leaving here better than staying?" you utter, before taking a sip from water to ease your dry throat.

"Anywhere is better than being close to my psychotic father"  

You start feeling the temperature in the room dropping, and the cold seeps into your skin causing you to shiver.

"Nature surrounds us if you haven't noticed yet, even if I and Teddy manage to hide from him, it won't last for long before he finds us"

You tone out your fears, not looking at Winter in the eyes.

Being a coward is better than being a stupid girl who doesn't think about the aftermath of her actions.

"Oh, now I get it" Winter smirks as he places his hands on your arms.

You flinch, feeling his cold fingers as if you were touched by a very cold metal.

"Get what?

"You have fallen for my father, that is why you don't want to leave"

You give him a blank stare.

Before bursting out into loud fits of laughter, making Winter frown deeply in anger.

It reminds you of Father Nature's expression when he gets mad at you.

"What is so funny?"

"The fact that you think I love Father Nature" you stop laughing between words before continuing.

"You do realize 'falling in love with nature' is just a metaphor, right? And I don't have Stockholm syndrome"

"Yet, you want to stay here willingly"

"Better than staying outside in the wild, plus there are people out there who want to hunt me down"

Oh, yes, remember someone like Jaunery, the one who wanted to repopulate with you? the one who cut off Cedar's wings?

Yeah, you are pretty sure there are psychos out there like them.

Better to deal with one psycho than a punch of psychos. 

At least Father Nature doesn't want you to have his babies, so you are safe.

"So this is your decision then?" you nod your head at him.

Winter leans closer to you, his freezing breath reaching your lips.

"I only wanted the best for you and Teddy"

You shrug in disbelief.

"I appreciate your offer, but the answer is still no, Winter"

The said entity smirks slightly.

"Well, then prepare yourself to become the bride of Nature, honey" your eyes widen.

"What are you talking about?"

"Father wants to marry you, why do you think he is keeping you alive until now?"