𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑭𝒐𝒖𝒓𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏

You sit beside Father Nature as he heals his son, Cedar.

Teddy is sitting on your lap, resting against your embrace as he plays with his toy.

You could see the sad and angry look on Nature's face as he sees the two deep injuries left from where Cedar's wings used to be.

"Humans ruin everything!" you flinch at Nature's loud voice, but Teddy doesn't seem to be bothered.

"I'm sure Cedar will get better soon and his wings will grow back again" you try calming the angry entity down.

The minute Father Nature turns his sharp raging gaze towards you, you wish the ground would swallow you and die.

"Don't speak, I don't want to hear your voice, get out"

You roll your eyes, yet understand his anger towards humanity.

But still, for you, it seems wrong to blame all humanity for some people doing.

You stand up from your seat with Teddy still in your arms.

"Come on, Teddy, let's leave Papa with Cedar," you say.

But as you move Teddy throws his toy at his father's head.

"Meanie" the child shouts, mad at his father for treating him badly.

Feeling Nature's already rising fury, you quickly leave the room with Teddy before a natural disaster happens.

꧁𒊹︎︎︎꧂

In the following few days, Cedar's wounds healed and his wings started to grow little by little.

You would come and check on him every once in a while, and Cedar would not let you leave without hugging you.

For some reason, Cedar seems to be attached to the idea of you being around him.

He admitted once that he feels safe when you are around him.

On the other hand, you haven't seen Father Nature ever since the argument, and when you ask Cedar or Teddy about his whereabouts.

They would tell you that he went on a hunting trip.

Father Nature hunting? Why would Nature hunt animals, that seems ludicrous?

Right now, you are sitting in the garden, reading a book called 'Nature Kills'

You find the book ironic, as it personifies nature as a woman who gets angry at her children which humans and decides to shower them with disasters.

If only the author knew...

While you are reading the book, green roots wrap themselves around your ankles and wrists, holding you in your place, and tieing you to the chair.

You start panicking until your eyes land on Father Nature who is stained in blood.

"What is going on?" you inquire, frightened at the sight of blood.

"I skinned some humans alive"

Father Nature replies with a sadistic smirk.

"W-why?" you stutter out.

"Because they abonanded their tasks"

You gulp, remembering that you haven't done the tasks that Father Nature assigned you before the whole kidnapping thing.

Nature touches your cheeks with his bloodied hands.

"What should I do with you now, my dear?"