complicated

You rang the door bell of Suna's house, Oikawa standing beside you.

"Their house is pretty big," he said, looking around.

The door opened but instead of Suna, there stood Akki which surprised you.

"Akki?" you mumbled.

"Oh hi y/n! Nice to meet you again," she waved, "Rintarou is in his room," she said as she fixed her dress and went away.

"Who's that?" Oikawa asked.

"His ex."

"I smell something fishy," he snickered.

You went inside the house quietly, thinking if you should go to Suna's room or not.

"Aren't you going up?" Oikawa asked as he sat down, eating the grapes that were served, "I'll wait here."

You nodded, as you slowly went up the stairs.

"Rin? You there? It's y/n," you called as you went to his room.

You could tell he was in the bathroom as you heard the water being flushed.

You scanned around his room, your eyes first landing on the bed.

There was no doubt that the bed was messy, and Suna's shirt was laying there. You didn't want to think much of it, as you continued waiting for Suna.

He came out soon enough without a shirt on, and his eyes widened a bit as he saw you.

"You came.."

"Yeah.. you couldn't take my calls," you replied.

"Oh.. I'm sorry, I switched it off," he said, avoiding eye contact.

"Uhh here's your coat.." you said awkwardly, and put it on the bed.

Suna sighed, and then slowly came to you and hug you.

"Y/n.."

"Rin? What happened?" you asked, trying to look at him but he held you tight.

Since he didn't say anything, you just tapped his back.

"Is it about Akki? I saw her on my way."

"Yes. She did a big problematic thing," he said as he finally looked at you.

He then told you everything about what happened with Akki.

You took them in quietly, not disrupting his talking. You could tell he was hurt.

You then sat on the chair.

"Wow, she must've really planned all the way through," you said in frustration.

"My mind is not thinking straight, and I really don't know what to do," he said.

"I don't get how her plans are perfectly going well, but luck is on her side," you looked at Suna who was sitting on the bed.

"She's trying to control and dominate you according to her likings, and trap you in this corner.." you said.

"I'll figure it out. I will somehow win against her."

"But you're just gonna obey whatever she says before you win the battle," you said as a matter of fact.

Suna looked at you with fear.

"You're gonna leave me.."

"I am going to help you Rin. I'm not running away, she is trying to destroy your life, not only mine."

"I mean, our relationship.."

You looked at his eyes. They were pleading to not break off anything.

You looked at the bed, the messy bed again, and sighed.

"You did it with her I assume?"

Suna avoided eye contact, and looked down.
He didn't reply, but that was all what you needed to know the answer.

"Don't think too much, Rin. We'll figure it out," you stood up and walked to him, holding his hand, "I'll do my best too," you said, trying to leave the room.

"Y/n!" he stopped you quickly, "what about us?"

"I.. I don't think I am okay with having a boyfriend who will have sex with his ex girlfriend whenever she wants to..It's complicated.. I really like you Rin, but just wait until all these shit is over.."

"We should've been happy," Suna held your hand, "I should've met you earlier, and none of this shit would've happened. I'm sorry for everything.."

"It's not your fault.. and on the bright side, it's not the end of the world, even if we never work out.. you'll find other girls."

"You know clearly that there won't be any other y/n.."

"Yeah, but there is someone better than me," you tried leaving with a heavy heart again, but that's when Suna hugged you from behind tightly.

"I love you y/n. I'm sure we will figure this out, and we can date happily, no one will have to come between us anymore."

"I will be looking forward to that," you said, swallowing the large lump in your throat.

You didn't want to turn back, because you knew he was crying. You would simply cry too, and it won't take you anywhere.

"See you, Rin," you left, closing the door on him.

💙💙💙

You went down the stairs to see Oikawa enjoying himself.

"Dummy, let's go."

"Already? I thought you're fucking," he grinned but when he looked at your face, his smile faded.

"What happened y/n?? Did he hurt you?" he asked in concern.

"I'll tell you later. Let's just get out of here please," you said.

"Oh okay.." he agreed as you held his hand and went out.

You two set beside the river, watching the beautiful sunset.

You bought some food for Oikawa, as you had promised to treat him.

He sat down beside you, tapping your back.

"I'm sorry y/n chan.."

"It was the first time I made out with a guy, and some random people have to see it, embarrassing," you laughed not so whole heartedly.

"We will find a way y/n chan.. I don't allow anyone to take your happiness away. I'll talk to Akki," he talked in a determined tone.

"No Tooru, approaching her would simply mean losing. We have to find out her partner first.. I don't really like the idea of a stranger possessing that video."

"You're not alone, I'll always stay by your side," he hugged you, "you're so strong, this is the time to be crying and begging for my help," he teased.

"Shut it," you chuckled.

Deep down you wanted to cry, but you couldn't. You didn't know why. You felt a void inside you.

"Just date me, and sleep with me," he whispered annoyingly to your ear.

"I'm not so desperate for sex Trashykawa," you slapped his back which made him yelp, "plus you already slept with your ex girlfriend."

"There was protection!!" he yelled.

"I don't care. Goshh I wish I was someone's first love too, how amazing it would be to be both your first," you said dreamily as you watched the clouds above.

"You're Iwa chan's first love.." Oikawa thought, but held the urge to say it out.

"You'll realise everything one day," he simply said.

"Don't act so cool and shit," you slapped his back again.

"Y/n chan!!! Stop being violent!! You're just as mean as Iwa chan!!" he cried loudly.

You chuckled.

"Thank you for always sticking by, Tooru."

7/2/23