akki

"She is two years older than me. We met when I was a first year in Inarazaki. She was popular, and pretty, and to be able to date her was a flex. But for only a few months. She started acting all weird when her mom died of overdose. I thought at first that it was a stage of grief. I did try my very best to comfort her and be there for her. Because I loved her. But things went downhill as she started making up weird shit.

She hated everyone I talked to. She hated my teammates. She wanted me to be with her all the time. It was toxic. And she threw a vase at one of my female friends because I 'flirted' with her according to her, and her head was severely injured. But I still looked pass her actions, I didn't know what to do. I was young and immature, and I regretted falling in love with her, with all my heart.

And one day, she just claimed that she was pregnant. I never touched her, not after she became mad and a drug addict. She was mentally unstable. It turnt out that she was just having delusional dreams, her womb was empty. I don't even feel bad saying this - I was happy, so happy. I wasn't ready to be a father, with a psychotic mom. She then turned angry towards me, blaming me that I bribed the doctors. It turned into a huge fight, and she had always been violent physically. She hit me with a lamp, and I became unconscious. I heard her sobbing faintly, blood on her hands, before I passed out.

That's when I could accept that she was indeed mentally ill. She was taken to a coma. I don't know what they did there to her, but they said it was for the best. They gave her injections all the time, and a drip was always hanging. I visited every week for a month, but I stopped after that. I knew clearly that I don't want her in my life anymore. I want to start a new life, and forget everything about her.."

"What is her name?" you asked.

"Sato Akki."

You then sighed, absorbing all what he just said. You couldn't believe that he went through all those at such a young age.

"Hey," he held your hand, "I'm sorry for what she did to you. I'm sorry that you're involved in my mess.. One thing I don't understand is.. the doctors told me that she'd be there in the coma or asylum or whatever, until she recovers. And a relative has to bail her out with proper documents if she was indeed healed. But her father.. he went abroad.. he ran away after so many trauma. She doesn't have any other relatives as far as I know.."

"Rin, don't think too much, it's alright.." you patted his back.

"Now you would have lesser interest in me, since you're not my first love and all," he teased.

"I don't mind. I mean, your past doesn't affect me with any of my feelings," you replied.

"Oh?"

"Just that I know you're into older girls," you giggled.

"Can't deny that."

"Were you like a power couple or something back then?" you smiled.

"Well, I wanted to be lowkey, because I knew that her friends kept on spying on me and shit. And you know, they were popular, and they'd do anything for fame. And Akki wanted to be public, so I just let that slide."

"You did love her."

"I was young. I don't know how to define love. But for now.." he held your hand sneakily, "I'm into you. I want only you."

Your cheeks flushed.

"You might make the same mistake again.." you replied softly, as you saw him staring at your lips.

"I know you're not like her. You're a different person, a perfect one."

You chuckled.

"I'm just like all other people," you tried to back away a bit but there was no space.

"Last time we were interrupted by Oikawa, and now you seem to be not ready.. so I'll take another chance later," he finally kept a distance.

"Look Rin, I have to deal with old feelings.. and I'm not in a hurry to date. I have a lot of emotions going on inside me and with your past story you've just told me, I am afraid.." you said.

"Yeah I don't blame you. I'm still traumatized too. Anyway, let's get ahead. It's my treat again," he said as he paid for the bill.

You didn't interfere with it this time because all you had was a cup of coffee.

"I will talk to her," Suna said as you went out.

"You know where she is?"

"She'll come to me. If she's still delusional enough to think that I'm still her boyfriend."

"Be safe," you fist bumped him.

"I have prevention this time," he waved, "take care."

30/12/22