VIII

"The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain."

- Dolly Parton

Allie's

The day Spencer came back was the day I felt alive, again but, it feels like there's something that he's hiding from me— I feel like there's something wrong, and when I feel something, I know na meron talaga, my gut feelings were never wrong but I can't seem to figure out kung ano yung itinatago ni Spencer.

But whatever it is, I'll make sure to find it out.

The past few weeks since Spencer arrived was nothing but great. Wala syang ginawa kung hindi pasayahin ako. I'm worried about what's happening with Spencer but, at the same time, I'm very happy.

And somehow being very happy is frightening kasi I feel like mas malaki yung balik non.

"Are you ready na?" He asked.

"Yeah, may iniisip lang sa isang subject." Palusot ko pero syempre hindi totoo 'yon.

"Let's go na, I badly want to relax na." I said with a pout.

Being quirky and worrying at the same time para hindi nila malamang nag-aalala ka is tiring— exhausting rather.

In the middle of the drive Spencer noticed that I was quiet.

"Baby you can sleep muna malayo pa naman tayo." He said.

And for me who is desperate for answers, I'll do anything para makakuha ng sagot.

"Pero baby, you're driving at ayaw kitang tulugan when you're driving." I said.

"I'll be okay don't worry, magpahinga ka muna." He said as he held my hand and planted a kiss on the of it.

"Seeing you provides rest for me. Looking at you is rest. Being with you is rest. Ikaw ang pahinga ko." I confessed, these words are the words that I want to tell him a long time ago.

He smiled then pulled over.

While still holding my hand on his right hand, his left hand caresses my cheek.

"You really know what to say at the right time." He smiled then kissed me.

"I badly needed those words Allie." He said.

I let go of his hand then engulfed him on a hug. I felt him hugging me back.

"I have to ask you some things later okay?" He asked.

"Okay, you're scaring the hell out of me." I said then stopped hugging him.

"Mukha ba akong multo? Why are you scared?" He asked.

"Baka kasi mamaya makipag-break ka nanaman kasi aalis ka." I calmly said.

"I won't don't worry" he said then laughed.

"Sige na umidlip ka na muna" he added. I nodded then I closed my eyes.

He was driving silently, Spencer, come on you can speak. You can say something. Just think I'm asleep. I'll do everything to know what you're hiding.