If my heart could speak,
it would say to you, "I will not let you go,
I will hold you in my arms forever."

-Alexandra Vasiliu

Allie's POV

I never believed in happily ever after. I've never been a fan of romantic movies or novels where the guy meets the girl then they fell in love at first sight. I mean, what are the chances that it'll happen in real life? Until, it happened to me. But as they say, not everything goes as planned.

He made me fall in love and as I fell so hard, one day I woke up hearing him say: "Let's stop this. I'm tired. I don't love you anymore."

I questioned myself a lot of times. What did I do for him to get tired? Why did he fell out of love? Was I not enough?

"Allie, you're spacing out. Again. Are you alright? I mean, we can meet some other time for this project if you're not feeling well today." Micah, my best friend, told me. She's done nothing but understand me.

"I'm sorry, okay lang ako. Let's just proceed. Where were we?" I asked, blinking a few times, then nailing my eyes on the laptop in front of us.

We managed to finish our project and by the time, it was already 4 pm.

"I'll head home. Are you going to stay here?" she asked looking at me with concern.

I plastered a small smile and told her that I'll stay just for a bit then go home. I assured her that I can go on my own and told her to just go home, because she has a date at 7.

As I sat there, inhaling the smell of freshly brewed coffee, I remembered the times we spent together.

We used to sit here at this spot of the coffee shop. A lot of stories were told here. This spot witnessed a lot of fights. In this spot as well, he did broke up with me.

Memories were piling up and I can feel tears escaping my eyes, as I lowered my head.

"Perhaps this will help?" I heard an unfamiliar voice so I slowly lift my head and saw the handkerchief he was offering.

He sat on the chair across mine, still holding the handkerchief. I'm contemplating if I should take it or not.

"I'm not supposed to take stuffs from strangers." I said. He was a bit shocked by what I've said.

"Hi, I'm Spencer. Now will you take this handkerchief and wipe those tears? Because seriously, you look like shit." he said with a small smile on his face.

"Thanks. I'm Allie, by the way." I said as I took the handkerchief from him.

"I know you." he answered looking straight at my eyes.

"Huh?" I asked as I furrow my brows.

"Seriously, you don't remember me? Allie c'mon! Spencer!" he said ecstatically.

Spencer?

Spencer...

Spen-

"Spencer from 10th grade?!" I almost jumped out from the chair I'm sitting on.

"There we go." he said with his smile, now bigger than before.

How did I forgot him. Spencer Torres. My puppy love. The person who as well didn't believe in happily ever after. Maybe that's the reason why he became that puppy love of mine, we were similar, in a lot of ways.

My long lost love.

"But wait." I started.

"Oh please Allie. Don't tell me hahanapin mo rin ang braces ko?" he said as if alam nya na iyon nga ang itatanong ko. Nginitian ko sya sign na iyon nga ang punto ko.