III

"Sometimes, two people have to
fall apart to realize how much they need
to fall back together."

Spencer's POV

Nagulat ako nang sabihin nyang tumigil ako sa pag-sulat. I didn't stop. I was waiting for her replies but I didn't get any. That's why I got tired. Pakiramdam ko'y wala namang pupuntahan ang pag-sulat ko.

Masakit sa akin yon. Buong akala ko ayaw na nya sa akin dahil malayo ako. I mean what are the chances na magtatagal kami with Long Distance Relationship? Masyado pa kaming bata noon. We were naïve back then.

Tinanggap ko na lang na baka ganoon talaga. Years later, I met Christine. She supported me on my studies, but not as great as Allie who supported me in everything. Christine hates it when I talk about dancing. She never liked it.

Allie was my greatest downfall. She became my The One That Got Away, during those years. I missed her rants, her support—I just missed her.

"I missed you." I finally blurted with my eyes, still fixed on the lights coming from the city.

"Those 8 years were rough. I was so lonely. My ex girlfriend hated how I talked about dancing. I felt like no one believed in me." I said as I let my tears flow.

"I'm sorry. I should've tried harder to send those letters I still have for you." she said as she sobbed.

"I know you felt the same too. We were each other's ally. It must have been hard for you as well, facing the harsh world." I said as I look at how she hung her head low. Crying her heart out.

"I just wanted to tell you to comeback that time. I just wanted you beside me." she confessed.

I remained silent and just let my tears flow. If she told me to come back. I would've came back, years ago.

She was my Wendy—my Juliet. She was my puppy love, my first love. Maybe my great and true love as well. She was the world to me. She was my home. I never believed in happily ever after but with her, everything was in their perfect places. As if I can have my own happy ending. But we ended so suddenly.

"I want to go back. I want us back." I just let it slip from my mouth.

I met her gaze and caressed her cheeks. I wiped those tears with my thumb. I hate seeing her cry.

"You know I hate it when you're crying right?" I asked. She still didn't answer me.

"Then, let's be together. Again. You know I'm always willing to take risk if it's you right? Just like before." she suddenly said as I look at her. She smiled at me.

It's as if we're 16 again. It's been 8 years but I still feel the same for her.

She suddenly engulfed me in a hug. This is the feeling that I missed the most. To be in her arms. Just like before. I can hear her sobbing. I wrapped my arms around her waist and patted her back. I missed her scent. I missed sniffing her hair and kissing her forehead.

I missed how she tells me she loves me. As if there was no tomorrow. I missed how she makes everything fine. Maybe that's why with her, it feels home.

I buried my face on the crook of her neck. I missed this. I was still sobbing and hugging her. I want her to feel how much I missed her. I felt desperate to be with her.

She's the reason why I came back. The reason why I'm fighting and choosing to live everyday.

I wanted to tell her everything pero not now. Hindi sa ngayon. We're going through a lot and this is not the right time for her to know what I'm going through.

Kami muna. Siya muna.

Minutes have passed and I was still hugging her. As if I never wanted to let go. As if I never wanted this to stop.

"Sana huminto yung oras. Para ganito na lang tayo." I said and I heard her giggle.

"What? Anong nakakatawa sa sinabi ko? Gusto ko ganito lang tayo." naka-ngiti kong sabi. Tanaw na tanaw parin namin ang City lights. Napaka-liwanag parin kahit na malalim na ang gabi.

"Should we spend the night here?" she asked.

"I have to bring you home. I promised tita." sagot ko. Gusto ko man mag-stay but I want to be the man of my words.

"Kahit anong oras pa. Iuuwi kita sa inyo." I assured her.

I felt her hand playing with my hair then she touched my ear and it was just perfect. I can feel her warmth. I love it— I love her.

"So we're back together?" I asked. Naniniguro lang.

"Ayaw mo?" tanong niya pabalik.

"Nagtanong lang ako. Bakit ka ganyan?" I asked. Then she laughed.

God, her laughter is music in my ears. Mas hinigpitan ko ang pagkaka-yakap ko sa kanya.

"You know I won't go anywhere right?" she asked me.

"I know. I just want to make sure na dito ka lang talaga." pagbibiro ko.

"Spencer, I'm sorry." she said.

"Sorry for what?" I asked then just look at her.

"Sorry about everything for the past 8 years. I should've been there for you. I should've done my best to find you. Again. I should've been-" she wasn't able to finish what she's saying as I lock my lips on hers.

"It's all good. Let's leave it all behind. What's important is we're here. Together." I said then kissed her again. I felt her smile in the middle of our kisses and it felt like everything is falling on they're right places.

Sana hindi na matapos ang gabing 'to because honestly, I couldn't ask for more. How will I still ask for more when I already have her again. Soon enough I want to give her a piece of me. I want us to just be happy. Everyday. Together. I want to be there on her better and worse days. I want to always be there for her. Gusto kong bawiin ang mga nawala at nasayang na oras. Gusto kong ibigay lahat sa kanya. If I can give her everything the world has to offer, I definitely will because she deserves it.

But I still can't be happy.