Her eyes were flickering purple, she took deep breath's to calm herself down, but nothing seemed to be working.

"Iz, you can't blame anyone. You and Tony made—" Steve told her, before getting cut off by her deadly glare. Izeta's magic was now sparking around her hands.

"Hold the phone there, Rogers." Tony interrupted, he gently took a hold of his sister figure's hand and led her out of the room.

He led them to a different room before locking the door behind them, "It's okay. Blame who you want to blame. Curse out anyone you want. Do whatever you want. I'm here, and you know I won't judge."

"She told me everything would be fine. She told me she'd be fine. It should've been anybody but her, Tony. I mean how am I gonna tell Sylvina this? How am I supposed to deal with this? She was my mother, Tony. I don't care what anyone says. She was my best friend. I don't know what to do without her. This would've never happened in the first place if we never tried out the Time Machine." Izeta sobbed, as the whole room began rattling.

             The guilt and sadness quickly replaced the anger. The only thing she could hear around her was the beeping in her ear. She felt like someone was taking all her oxygen, she stumbled until Tony sat her down on a chair.

     Her parents. Herself. Pietro. Wanda. Sam. James . . . and now Natasha, her mother figure.

             Why was the world so set on haunting her? Why was the world so set on ruining her life? Izeta didn't think anything in the world could repair this, the damage was already done.

    Izeta almost slid off the chair before Tony caught her, he sat her down and wrapped hos arms around her. She put her chin on his shoulder as loud sobs came out of her mouth.

        Her hands were shaking as Tony tried to comfort her.

     Natasha was gone and she wasn't coming back.

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

—THEY WERE AT THE LAKESIDE OF THE HQ, MOURNING THEIR FALLEN FRIEND.

"Do we know if she had family?" Tony asked softly, playing with Izeta's hair.

"Yeah. Us." Steve answered before Izeta could open her mouth, she rolled her eyes before speaking up, "She has a whole family. A sister, a mother, and a father. I'll contact them."

"What?" Thor walked over to them, a confused tone in his voice.

"Huh." Tony said, standing up, "What are you doing?" Thor asked.

"I just asked him a question—" Tony spoke again, his chin up as he spoke to Thor.

"Yeah, no, you're acting like she's dead. Why are we acting like she's dead? We have the stones, right? As long as we have the stones, Cap, we can bring her back, isn't that right? So stop this shit. We're the Avengers, get it together." Thor growled, clenching his fists.

"Look who's talking." Izeta scoffed, as she looked towards the water.

"—We can't get her back." Clint cut in, leaning against the wooden pole, Izeta pursed her lips before looking down as tears gathered in her eyes.

"Wha—what?" Thor freaked, his hands shaking as he started to move around.

"It can't be undone. It can't." Clint told him, still not directly looking at him, the only person he'd directly spoken to was Izeta. Thor only laughed dryly in response.

"I'm sorry. No offense, but you're a very earthly being. Okay? We're talking about space magic. And can't seems very definitive don't you think?" Said Thor, turning his body towards Clint.

"Yeah, look, I know that I'm way outside my pay grade here. But she still isn't here, is she?" Clint defended, still speaking calmly as Thor cut him off.

"No, that's my point—"

"It can't– be undone. Or that's at least what the red-floating guy had to say. Maybe you wanna go talk to him, okay? Go grab your hammer and you go fly and talk to him!" Barton yelled, but his anger quickly dimmed and was replaced by grief. "It was supposed to be me. She sacrificed her life for that goddamn stone. She bet her life on it."

In a burst of anger, Bruce grabbed a bench and hurled it clear across the lake. He turned to them with a resigned look on his face.

"Do you mind?" Izeta huffed, irritation clear on her face. She stood up and turned around.

"Where are you going?" Steve asked, a solemn look on his face.

"Somewhere grown men won't be throwing things around like five-year-olds. Somewhere I can actually rest my mind in silence." Izeta snarled, as she continued walking.

"Iz, c'mon. We have to stick together." Steve pleaded, Izeta only shrugged and headed towards her destination.

She needed to calm her mind, she felt as if it was about to explode. Worries for Sylvina and sadness about Natasha's death was taking up her whole body.

Izeta needed a clear mindset if she wanted to kill Thanos.

──────

short chapter bc i wanted this to mostly be about nat :( rip queen love u xxx