Preference 15: Your Song

***Edited and Revised on 01/11/22***

Tony Stark 

Till Forever Falls Apart by Finneas and Ashe

"Cause you've got me, and you know, that I've got you and I know. If the tide takes California, I'm so glad I got to hold ya. And if the sky falls from heaven above, oh I know I had the best time falling into love. I've spent a lifetime giving you my heart, I swear that I'll be yours forever until forever falls apart." 

This had become your and Tony's song almost immediately after hearing it when the song had been released. The two of you were the kind of couple who were so sickeningly in love that you knew that you would be there for each other up until your last days or the end of the world whichever came first. And the song truly spoke to both of you. 

With his line of work you always worried about him and his safety. So he always assured you that no matter what happened to him, he had the time of his life writing your love story with you, and that giving you his heart was the best thing he ever did. And when he took his last breath that fateful day, you reassured him that you would be his forever, and at that moment your forever fell apart. 

Steve Rogers

Power Over Me by Dermont Kennedy

"You got that power over me. My, my. Everything I hold dear resides in those eyes. You got that power over me. My, my. The only one I know, the only one on my mind. You got that power over me."

The one thing Steve had never seen coming was you. After waking up in a brand new world without any of the people he had loved so dearly, he had been truly lost and heartbroken. He had been waiting on Peggy, and he wasn't sure that he could ever move on after enduring such a loss. 

And then when he wasn't expecting it, he met you. Everything about you drew him into you, and before you knew it, and before he could question it, you had him completely wrapped around your finger. So when Steve heard the song for the first time, his immediate response was to grasp your face in his hands and whisper, "It's true (y/n). You have no idea the power you have over me. You are everything to me." and ever since that moment it's been your song.

Clint Barton 

Buy Dirt by Jordan Davis

"Buy dirt. Find the one you can't live without. Get a ring, let your knee hit the ground. Do what you love but call it work. And throw a little money in the plate at church. Send your prayers up and your roots down deep. Add a few limbs to your family tree and watch their pencil marks. And watch the grass in the yard all grow up. Cause the truth about it is it all goes by real quick. You can't buy happiness but you can buy dirt."

Ironically, this song was playing when Clint first drove you out to show you the property he had bought. And this was back before the farmhouse had been built, back when it was just an empty plot of land and a seemingly crazy idea that Clint had come to you with. 

The two of you had spent so much of your lives nearly getting yourselves killed, and devoting your lives to being the perfect agents, and had finally decided that it was time to scale it back and focus on the more important, simpler things in life. So from that moment forward the two of you played that song over and over again for the perspective it brought you as you walked hand and hand down the road of the new life you were building. 

Thor Odinson

Ends of the Earth by Lord Huron

"To the ends of the earth, would you follow me? There's a world that was meant for our eyes to see. To the ends of the earth would you follow me?" 

You were softly singing away to this song one day while you were doing some work around the house, and when Thor walked in and heard you enjoying it as thoroughly as you were, he took a moment to stop and really listen to the lyrics. Once he had processed the lyrics, and how into them you were, he took a moment to ask you a question. And that simple question was, "would you?" You immediately knew what he meant, and without even pausing to think you told him yes.

 It was that moment that he knew for sure that you were the one. The perfect partner to have and hold through life, but also someone to show the beauty of the nine realms that he had grown to love; the true ends of the earth, and someone to go there with him. All he had to do was ask, and you would follow him anywhere he desired. But the only place he desired to be was wherever you were. 

Bruce Banner 

Fairytale by Alexander Rybak

"I'm in love with a fairytale. Even though it hurts. Cause I don't care if I lose my mind. I'm already cursed." 

This became your and Bruces song pretty quickly. When you had first started dating, Bruce had fallen for you quite quickly. But he was hesitant to truly let himself get involved with you, he was scared of how that would end for you. He always compared you to something straight out of a fairytale himself to the cursed one in said fairytales. But the more he got to know you, the harder it got for him to stay away, or for him to make up excuses.

 And finally, he decided that you weren't just a fairytale, you were his fairytale, and that he loved you more than anything and it couldn't stop him anymore. He was willing to go mad just to fight the odds to be with you, cursed or not. And when the two of you heard the song, you just knew that it was meant to be yours.