Log 9: Surveillance

Kiyotaka's perspective
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

"Where are you taking me?"

"A place."

"Where is this place?"

"Relatively close."

"How close?"

"About the time it takes you to run a 300m dash."

I looked at Yagami, perplexed at the insanity coming out of his mouth, he doesn't even know my record. The best guess he could make is that it's under 30 seconds.

"I'm not trying to disrespect you, Kiyotaka, I just thought it to be funny for the one that gives vague answers to receive them."

Never in millennia did I expect for me and Yagami to be having a somewhat normal conversation. That hatred he once held, I can't see any trace of it.

Of course, it's not like I didn't observe him through his growth because, surely but slowly, he was forced to change.

"Alright...there It is."

He led me to a dojo but it seemed someone got there before us, people are searching the place. The two-story building was large in area and was most likely a multipurpose building. The windows were all beautifully framed but as time goes on, they'll succumb to erosion, except for one...

Out of the corner of my eye, I could make out two humanoid figures rapidly maneuvering in the shadows— they came out of the dojo.

"You saw that?"

"Saw what?"

I can't blame Yagami. Maybe if he was placed in the 4th generation he could attain a higher level of strength but his abilities are acceptable for now.

"Follow me, I found something that could lead us to what we're looking for."

In a flash, we took off to where our suspects were heading.

Their movements were nothing short of extraordinary, I only manage to spot them because of the timing.

We easily caught up and maintained an acceptable trailing distance. Who would've thought my days of following people would come back?

Focusing on the ones we're trailing, it's a green hair girl and a dark purple-haired boy, I recognize them. Even former white room students are appearing in New York? Whoever is hosting this act has influence comparable to that man if that's the case.

"Yagami, continue following them, I'll head back to the dojo to check up on the people we saw."

He gave me a nod and with that I slowed down to a stop and took out my phone, dialing a certain someone.

[Kiyotaka... it's a random time to call, isn't it?]

"Maybe. I have a favor to ask of you, Manabu. What's your sister's phone number?"

I'm a bit blunt in my wording but I don't have much room for a conversation. Walking back to the dojo, I expect Manabu to give me his sister's phone number with resistance.