chapter one hundred and six

Start from the beginning

Darci :)

Darci :)
Hey Mark, can we talk?

Mark
Sure
Is everything alright though?

Darci :)
I should be asking you that but
instead you're asking me

Mark
Darci what's going on?

Darci :)
This!
It's exactly this

Mark
I am so confused rn

Mark enters the restaurant and spots Darci right away.

"Yo, dude, wha-" He gets cut off as Darci strangles him in a hug.

"I am so sorry."

"Apologizing again? I told you-"

"No, Mark", Darci pulls back to face him, "it's not okay. It will never be okay that I hurt you and broke your trust and made you think you're unlovable."

Immediate discomfort takes over Mark, his biggest insecurity slapping him in the face. He shakes his head. "We don't have to talk about this."

"Yes we do! I hurt you and you won't even get mad at me for it!"

"It's not your fault! You didn't love me and that's okay."

"You didn't feel okay!" Darci says a little too loudly. He looks around at the people staring and grabs Mark hand to drag him outside.

"I don't get why you're still worried about this."

"'Cause I'm hurting you!"

"Hurt", Mark corrects. "Past tense!"

Darci shakes his head. "I'm sorry. I don't know why you chose to be around me. Even if you're not mad at me, you remember what I did and how I made you feel. How are you fine with this?"

"'Cause I care about you!" Mark shouts. "That's the goddamn reason anything between us ever happened!" Mark takes a breath to calm himself. "I like you as my friend, Darci. I always wanted a friend. We became more and that failed but my other main fear was losing you. You're in my life 'cause I want you here. I thought that was fine for you but if it's not, you need to tell me right now."

"No", Darci says and hugs him. "It is fine. I care for you so much. I don't wanna be hurting you."

"You're not."

"Would you tell me if I was?"

"Eventually I wouldn't be able to handle it, so yeah."

"I'm sorry for scaring you. I don't mean I don't want to be friends. I really care about you."

"And I appreciate that."

Darci kisses Marks cheeks and pulls away, looking way more timid than Mark has ever seen him."We good?"

Mark nods. "Yes."

"And I can still can kiss your cheek?"

Mark chuckles."Yes."